Options

need some advice, windows 2000 or 2003

mishoomishoo Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
hello

i hope every one will be fine..i m really in trouble i don't know how to cope up...last year i decided to to MCSE for 2000 track i got the books tutorials notes sample exams every thing i nearly finished the Microsoft training kit for 2k professional but i could not completed it and nows its a year but i m still there i want to complete the certification as soon as possible but i think i can't do it icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

please guide me how can i achive my goal i want to complete my certification ...can u ppl guide me please.
one thing more should i go for track 2003 or i first complete 2000 track???
icon_cry.gif
mishoo[/img]

Comments

• Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    This shouldve gone in it's own thread, and I am hoping it gets moved...

If you've invested a lot in 2000 material you should probably start taking the 2000 series exams.... Only study for one at a time-- too much material to tackle all at once. Work hard at it and get it done. Crying about it won't get you a cert...
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    hii lazyart

thanks for the advise but tell me which one is better as 2003 is a new track and of corse will be demanding what u think??

Work hard at it and get it done. Crying about it won't get you a cert...
    you r right i will now try my best to put all the efforts for it....let c what happen
    if any one elase have any good suggestion please please let me know..

mishoo
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    If you've invested in the materials, go ahead with 2000. If you want to upgrade that to 2003 it's 2 additional exams.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you can apply a lot of the 2000 concepts to 2003 so you might as well stick with the track you started and upgrade when you're done.
  • Options
    zoomanzooman Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The problem with the MCSE track is that it really tests you on your level of real experience with the product. I had to take the 70-216 two times. I recomend alot of hands on experience and configuring LAN labs around the questions.

You can convert an old 486PC into a router with FRESCO (a free version Linux that boots from a 3.5 floppy) in about 1 hr. You'll learn alot about NT and LAN and subneting.

Stay focused on your objective. You can do it!
    zooman
  • Options
    BulletToothTonyBulletToothTony Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you have invested in 2000 and are looking into 2003, there really isn't that much difference. This is what I would do: finish studying your 2000 material, go pick up the cramsessions book for the 70-270 (XP, $19 on bookpool.com) exam, read and take that exam. Then I would purchase a copy of Marc Minasi's Windows Server 2003. It is the best tech book I have ever read, and will point out, very candidly where the differences are in 2003. After reading the main focal points of that book, you should be ready for your 70-290. Concepts are still the same, permissions, back up, deployment and the new stuff you will learn will be things like shadow copy, RDP and some new snap-ins for your MMC.

Good luck, I was kind of in your boat. I went to tech school and learned on 2000, but when I started my road to certs, I found it would be cheaper to go straight to MCSE 2003 than 2000 and then upgrade. Reasons, well after you go 2000, you have to take two upgrade exams, and depending on your client exam, you may have to take XP soon after you finish your whole track. I figured I might was well get as current as I can get, so I am not with the feeling of playing catch up all the time.

Again, good luck and hope this helps.
  • Options
    hi..

thanks a lot for ur suggestions BulletToothTony i agree that there is not much difference b/w 2000 and 2003.
    what i decided for my self that i should go for 2000 then i will upgrade to 2003. i have finished 70-210 preparation long time ago :) now i have started 70-215 i m taking sybex books for it and trying to revise 70-210

let c what i will be doing this time
    wish me best of luck icon_lol.gif