Options

CCENT Study Question

konajack66konajack66 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I would just like to first say that this website rules and I am horrible at taking certification exams.

I am studying for my CCNA but after reading many of the posts I think it might be wise to take the CCENT first.

I have read Todd Lammle's CCNA 6th edition book and have a home lab with 3 routers.

Should I purchase Todd Lammle's CCENT book or will I be fine if I just concentrate on Chapters 1-6 ,12, 14

Thanks much!!

Comments

• Options
    WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    konajack66 wrote: »
    I would just like to first say that this website rules and I am horrible at taking certification exams.

I am studying for my CCNA but after reading many of the posts I think it might be wise to take the CCENT first.

I have read Todd Lammle's CCNA 6th edition book and have a home lab with 3 routers.

Should I purchase Todd Lammle's CCENT book or will I be fine if I just concentrate on Chapters 1-6 ,12, 14

Thanks much!!

I would say take the CCENT first, as the combined CCNA is a killer and although Lammle's book is excellent, one source alone will not guarantee a passing grade. I would reccomend finding another author who has done a CCENT book, and get another view of things as Lammle's CCENT book is probably just covering what is in his CCNA guide.

If you have the money, I would reccomend a 30 day subscription to CBT Nuggets, as they are very educational and really help you put everything together.

You are also going to need some hands on as well, as that proves invaluable...
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    I agree CBT Nuggets videos are excellent. I have watched the Frame-Relay ones and they really helped me understand the concept and make it clear on areas that I was confused. I would recommend getting your hands on Cisco's Packet Tracer software or GNS3 to get some simulator practice. If you can afford it you could set up a lab at home.