Options

71-686 Study notes

2»

Comments

• Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't think that would be the case, otherwise everyone would say they were rubbish at everything and get an easy bank of questions. :D

I took both exams today. 4 1/2 hours in total. Going square eyed toward the end!

I dont think for one minute I will pass either of these TBH, but time will tell.

There were loads of group policy questions on both exams, more so on the 686. I expected the 686 to go into more detail too, even though I seemed to take an educated guess on half the questions on it. You need to know exactly what the deployment tools can do, sometimes I thought there were two correct answers but obviously MS want you to do it their best practise way. I need more time to figure out what they are!

Oh well, I'm sure glad they are over as I have not enjoyed studying for them, no CBTs which I like, I couldn't structure the learning, and never really felt happy that I had properly covered each subject in enough detail, I was skipping back and forth from one subject to the other. Oh well... they were beta's I suppose!

Overall they were good exams though, looking forward to sitting the proper ones if I fail, after I feel that I have studied properly. There were a few SCCM questions as mentioned, but no where near what was made out. Most of the questions were asking what tool you would use in the given scenarios. 70 Q's on 685, 77 on 686.

It's the last beta day tomorrow I believe so good luck to anyone else taking it! As for me... on to the 293 next icon_study.gif

EDIT - thanks to everyone who compiled and contributed to the study material and links made available here. Hyper-Me and Smoot especially! Rep given icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    will the results show on prometric's site as passed/failed or only on our MS transcripts?
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was supposed to take 71-686 yesterday 8:30 am at a prometric testing centre, when I arrived at 8:15 am there, the Test Administrator told me the whole network was done, so cannot provide the exam for me to sit in. So I called Prometric and then found out no exam centre locally or nearby can offer a time slot for me, it was too bad that 10/16/2009 was the last day for the 71-686 beta testing, so I guess nothing I can do.

I am quite suprised that Prometic didn't call me or email me, so that can at least save me a trip.

If you were me, will you write a complain letter to Prometric ?

Please give me your 2 cents.
    eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)
  • Options
    gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
    will the results show on prometric's site as passed/failed or only on our MS transcripts?

As far as I know, if you fail, you will receive a paper score report via snail mail from Prometric and of course, it will show up on the Prometric web site. But it will not show up on MS transcript on MCP web site.
    eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It will show up as a "No show" on your prometric testing history. I would throw a fit and demand that they allow you to take the exam once it goes live for free. Just make sure your fit is polite. Also make sure you follow up and document your conversation write down date/time/name of the employee you are talking to.
  • Options
    Ken25Ken25 Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you, SmootCIS. Your work is still being used today.