Options

Security+ Exam Question

I-ballI-ball Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I've been studying now for about 2 months. I read the complete Sybex deluxe guide cover to cover. I've done failrly well on the end of chapter quiz's. I score 85% on the CD test also. I am rereading the Cryptography and related protocol chapter since I have some weakness in this area.

My question is: how much is there to be expected on the exam that may not be covered in the training material out there? I have read that there have been questions related to Virtualization. While this is something I am familiar with due to my job I do not know how it is placed into context when it comes to the S+ exam. Or better yet how they approach the subject matter. It is barely given a paragraph in the Sybex book (pg. 29-30). I want to be a prepared as possible for this.

I scheduled to do the exam Oct. 1

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

Comments

• Options
    msbachmanmsbachman Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed the Sec+ not too long ago (about a week ago). I think that the exam objectives are pretty good for what's going to be on the test...however, my one comment on that note was that while I was taking it I got the feeling "holy cow, there are a LOT of policy questions!"

Just be sure to not gloss over the non-technical policy questions because you're studying the technical details of virtualization, for instance. I'm actually not sure of the level of depth that I can go into regarding virtualization on the test (the NDA agreement), but one paragraph in the Sybex book is probably adequate for that topic. I actually used study material that did not address virtualization in the least, to the best of my recollection.
  • Options
    msbachmanmsbachman Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So I guess, I didn't say it straight-up above, my opinion on the matter is to focus specifically on the topics pertinent to the objectives, and don't worry if you don't know everything about, well, everything for this test.

Regarding virtualization, it certainly isn't a sufficient condition for passing the exam, not by a mile. Reread/review the objectives, touch on anything you don't know very well, review the policy-related material, and take a day off to relax before the test, you'll do great.
  • Options
    I-ballI-ball Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    msbachman wrote: »

Regarding virtualization, it certainly isn't a sufficient condition for passing the exam, not by a mile. Reread/review the objectives, touch on anything you don't know very well, review the policy-related material, and take a day off to relax before the test, you'll do great.

Thanks for your comments! I'm already rereading today and using a CBT to work with.

Paul