Options

users not able rename folder after deny delete subfolder and files

mcse_696mcse_696 Member Posts: 151
hi all
is it possible to prevent users from delete folder or subfolders , mintime being able to rename it
I tryed deny delete subfolder and files from sharing and security spacial permission , but got the other problem users now can't rename them

Comments

• Options
    pmmcateerpmmcateer Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Try creating a couple test accounts and adjust permissions and see what it does. I would guess it is possible but I don't know what the goal you are trying to achieve. I would do more adjusting in the advanced properties, maybe Deny Delete Subfolders and Files permission applied to this folder and subfolders? If one thing doesn't work, try something else and so on until you get it. Good luck.

Also you know if a user creates a new folder/file they will have full control as owner by default right? So even if you apply these changes, it will only control what already existed and not new folders/files created afterwards.
  • Options
    mcse_696mcse_696 Member Posts: 151
    you right i tried in lab environment same as you said , Advanced--->Edit--->Apply onto subfolders and files only its work thanks