Options

Best books for prep..

c-loc-lo Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have heard some bad things about the MS Press books..does anyone have any recommendations> I have used Sybex books for exams in the past and may go that route.

Comments

• Options
    pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
    My experience with MS Press has been that they are thorough but very dry. I prepped for 70-270 almost exclusively with the MS Press book. I'm currently using Sybex to study for 290, and so far, it's a much better read. I'm debating picking up the MS Press book also to supplement, but I'm going to finish working through the Sybex first.
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I can't speak enough to the quality of MS Press books. Although they may be "dry" they are very thorough and teach you what you need to know and do it in a way that doesnt usually hear your head (except for some parts of the 291 book, ouch!)

The only test I ever tried to prep for without using the MS Press Book (643) I failed once, my first fail ever.
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    I'm using Exam Cram books.
  • Options
    NozzaCNozzaC Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used Sybex....and failed. I can't blame this book entirely as I studied for far too long whilst getting majorly side-tracked by other events and didn't come to a peak at the exam time. But I remembered the exam questions pretty well and checked the book when I got home and it is missing plenty of stuff.

I retook recently and passed with 930.

So I'm not using Sybex again. I was much nicer to read than MS but if it's not complete enough then I'm going to have to read the MS Press anyway, so what is the point?