Options

Singed Up for a Regular Test and got a Beta ??

I was wondering if anyone has since this before. I week or so ago I took the 70-284 (Exchange) I passed and everything is fine. However in looking at my score report this morning as I was scanning the document I noticed my test number said it was the 72-284. Isn't 72 a beta exam? has anyone else seen something like this happen ? I passed and I got credit for so I'm sure it's ok. but just an interesting that it Microsoft would give someone a beta test with out in fact signing up for a beta.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I thought 71-xxx exams were beta and 72-xxx were academic. I might be backwards though.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    I thought 71-xxx exams were beta and 72-xxx were academic. I might be backwards though.

72-xxx is in fact academic, thus only costing you $60 instead of $125. Beta is 71-xxx. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    EmpoweredBizTechEmpoweredBizTech Member Posts: 110
    Well that would explain it then. Sorry Thanks for clearing up my confusion. The test did have discounted Vouchers (they are a college) that they sold me for $80 (nothing wrong with them making a lil markup beats $125) Is Academic pricing only available on certain test? I am also a student is there a way to get that level of pricing for future test ?
  • Options
    JaggedJagged Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ... Is Academic pricing only available on certain test? I am also a student is there a way to get that level of pricing for future test ?

Check the list at Microsoft Learning: Resources for Students and Educators. Any current test listed with 72- is available for $60. You have to call Prometric to register for the test, however once registered you can cancel or change the date/location on-line.

The testing centers are supposed to verify your eligibility, but it can vary by the center. Most likely your school ID card will work as the second ID.
    Microsoft: MCSE 4, MCSE 2003 +Security, MSCA 2003 Messaging, MCITP:SA -- Cisco: CCNA
    Novell: CNE 3-6, CLA, CLP, CLE -- Nortel: NCDS, NCSS -- CompTIA: Project+, Server+, Linux+, Security+

Courses Completed at WGU:
    EWB2, BBC1, LAE1, WFV1, SSC1, CLC1, WDV1, MGC1, ORC1, INC1, IWC1
    Courses Required BS - IT: NETW:
    LAT1, LUT1, INT1, SST1, LET1, IWT1, BOV1, TWA1, CPW2
    Classes Transferred:
    BAC1, TEV1, TTV1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, TSV1, TPV1, TNV1, BRV1, ABV1, AHV1, AIV1, AJV1