Options

Passed 70-290 today!

Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
887/1000. Not a bad score :)

Taking 70-291 next week. Been studying for these for over 4 months now.

Question is this. I have 270, 290, and MCDST. Once I get 291... will it automatically update on my transcript showing MCSA2003?

Thanks!
WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!

Comments

• Options
    pmmcateerpmmcateer Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude and good luck on 291!
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    very nice.
    any advice for me?
    I'm taking mine on Friday.
  • Options
    davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes it should. Yr MCDST should be used as yr elective and should fulfill all requirements for the MCSA2003 certification.

Nice score, you aced it! that score on an M$ exam is like fullmarks on a Cisco exam... M$ questions are so long....

Nice work!

What were your weak areas?

Do you know about the 15% discounts at the M$ site? I plan to sit my 290 on the 24th of October so currently kicking my own ass to study.

Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • Options
    Yes it should. Yr MCDST should be used as yr elective and should fulfill all requirements for the MCSA2003 certification.

Nice score, you aced it! that score on an M$ exam is like fullmarks on a Cisco exam... M$ questions are so long....

Nice work!

What were your weak areas?

Do you know about the 15% discounts at the M$ site? I plan to sit my 290 on the 24th of October so currently kicking my own ass to study.

Regards,
    David

David,

Good luck!! It wasn't too tough of an exam. If you've had experience with shares/permissions, profiles, disk management, backups... such like that, you should be alright! I didn't bother with the discounts since my company pays for these (lucky me!)

My weakest area was actually disk storage/management... two of the sims kicked my butt... but remember... do things the "Microsoft way!"
    WIP Vacation ;-)

• Options
    Orion82698 wrote: »
    but remember... do things the "Microsoft way!"

LOL! Thanks for the tips! In real life, I dont know anyone that does things the "MS Way". There are just better ways to do things...

I will heed your words of wisdom! Thanks Again!!!

Regards,
    David
  • Options
    LOL! Thanks for the tips! In real life, I dont know anyone that does things the "MS Way". There are just better ways to do things...

I will heed your words of wisdom! Thanks Again!!!

Regards,
    David

LOL! No problem!

If you wanna hear something funny, I just realized I need one more test after my 291. See, I was stupid and thought that MCDST ... had 270 in it. So, after 291... I gotta take 270..ugh! That should be pretty easy compared to 290/291...lol!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

• Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dont underestimate the 270.... its only my opinion but it was the hardest of the 4 exams I have taken :)
  • Options
    Orion82698 wrote: »
    LOL! No problem!

If you wanna hear something funny, I just realized I need one more test after my 291. See, I was stupid and thought that MCDST ... had 270 in it. So, after 291... I gotta take 270..ugh! That should be pretty easy compared to 290/291...lol!

But dosent yr mcdst have the 620 vista exam in it???
  • Options
    But dosent yr mcdst have the 620 vista exam in it???

Nah... I took 271 and 272... did it like 3 years ago when the MCDST first came out. All this time, I thought that 271 was 270...lol. Just realized by looking on my MCP transcripts that it wasn't. DOH!

Just passed 291 today. Just need to take 270 some time next week.
    WIP Vacation ;-)