Options

How expensive is it to pursue the CCSP?

Dr_AtomicDr_Atomic Member Posts: 184
I've heard that if you want to pursue the CCSP, it can be very pricey in terms of equipment. True? I know that the CCVP track is also expensive. I wonder how they compare in terms of cost? Note that I'm not exploring the possibility of using vmware with this question.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    wera711wera711 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can do it for under $700 if you shop around. Get a couple of routers and at least one asa and one pix.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can get by with a couple of unrestricted PIX 515 firewalls for the failover and multiple contexts -- you have to shop, but I've seen "good ones" licensed with those features go for $200-500. A 10 user ASA-5505 goes for about $350 on eBay.

IPS devices are available on eBay -- but the supply of "good ones" at a reasonable price varies.

You'll need a couple of routers that can run at least [SIZE=-1]12.4(6)T. You need switches -- a 2950 and/or 3550 would be nice (but 2960, 3560 or 3750 would be newer, better, and a lot more expensive).

For your elective you could stick with the Advanced ASA exam -- otherwise you're looking at some big bucks for a NAC device or Mars appliance.

[/SIZE]
    Dr_Atomic wrote: »
    Note that I'm not exploring the possibility of using vmware with this question.
    Even virtual (GNS3/Dynagen, PEMU/QEMU, VMWare IDS, VMWare NAC/MARS) you'd still probably need the ASA-5505 & Switch(s).
    [SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE]
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!