Options

certifications DELL ?

damsounetdamsounet Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
as part of my new job, my employer asked me to pass 3 certifications DELL (paid):

Foundation 2009 Desktop
Foundation 2009 laptop
Foundation 2009 Diagnosis

I received codes to connect and pass the accreditation.

By-cons, I do not know where to find training? My supervisor did not give me the CD.

-These certifications are difficult?

-I heard it was entitled to 3 transition, is this true?

Can you inform me please?

Thank you for your responses.
john

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    damsounet wrote: »
    Hello,
    as part of my new job, my employer asked me to pass 3 certifications DELL (paid):

By-cons, I do not know where to find training? My supervisor did not give me the CD.

john

Contact your Dell rep or actually the website will contain all the information. You should have received your login by now if you have 'codes' I don't recall receiving 'codes' but things may have changed.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    hello,
    I received identifiers.
    I know that we can pass the test 3 times before closing identifiers.
    But I do not know if it uses 3 times IDs for the course, if after 3 times I can still login.
  • Options
    hello,
    I received identifiers.
    I know that we can pass the test 3 times before closing identifiers.
    But I do not know if it uses 3 times IDs for the course, if after 3 times I can still login.

As I mentioned, it's been a while...

What did Dell say when you asked them? There tech support or help support for their training portals, or have they removed it?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    I have IDs, but I've never connected again.

Do you know if there are courses on the dell website?
  • Options
    I have IDs, but I've never connected again.

Do you know if there are courses on the dell website?

I think you are going to find it useful to get with your Boss and your Dell rep and get logged in to see what is going on.

Things should be pretty straight forward.

You're employer will be paying for all this, so you and he/she need to be clear on the expectations and the requirements. If he/she doesn't know, again, I recommend you should find the info on your Dell portal, that will contain the most current information. You probably have a rep you can contact about this as well...maybe not, but I'm fairly confident you'll find everything you need through your portal.
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    I've not heard of 'foundation' exams...so maybe that is something new? Or perhaps you are not in the US and the exam is called something different.

But usually when people are discussion Dell exams it is something like:
    Dell Certified Systems Expert - DCSE Certification Exam

http://dcse.dell.com/
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    Yes I am in France.
    Where is the course on the site?
    Should I use my username and password required to access course?

If yes, how many times can I connect to the site to see the course?

Thank you
  • Options
    Yes I am in France.
    Where is the course on the site?
    Should I use my username and password required to access course?

If yes, how many times can I connect to the site to see the course?

Thank you

Again,

I can recommend you speak with your Boss and your Dell representative. I posted links from Dell USA, so it is quite possible things are different in France.

It would be best for you to ask your Boss how to log on, or get the Dell contact from him/her so you can inquire with Dell yourself. It would be strange for an employer to not provide your with your account information as it sounds like your company has some sort of education account in place with Dell.

I don't know how Dell works in France, but I do know Dell and Microsoft both have different requirements and different programs offered in Europe that we do not have in the US.

I can only imagine you have a Dell contact to help straighten all this out for you.

I can only speak of my experiences, and I posted the links to the site I know of here. Things have changed over the years since I've been involved with the Dell training, so you need to ask your employer or your Dell contact for the information that applies to your situation.

Good luck.
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    buchatechbuchatech Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

Foundation 2009 Desktop
    Foundation 2009 laptop
    Foundation 2009 Diagnosis

-These certifications are difficult?

-I heard it was entitled to 3 transition, is this true?

john

There is no training for these DELL tests. These tests are pretty straight forward. They can be compared to open book tests. If you can search a manual to locate parts and articles on how to replace parts etc... then you will be good to go. I have passed the following tests:

Trusted Advisor for Field Service 2/8/2009
    Point of Sale Product Certification 2/8/2009
    Associate Server Certification V9.0 2/8/2009
    Associate Server Certification V10.0 10/16/2008
    Servers - PowerApp.BIG-IP 200 Product Certification 7/8/2008
    Customer Handling Skills Certification 7/7/2008

These DELL certs are useful when you work in a DELL shop and need to call in for support. You can get escalated to a higher level support right away and or just tell them you already did the troubleshooting and you just need to order parts.
  • Options
    hello,
    thank you for your reply.
    I contacted my boss told me that I could connect as I wanted with the IDs provided by DELL.
    By cons, to pass the certification, I am entitled to 3 trials.

Good evening.
  • Options
    hello,
    thank you for your reply.
    I contacted my boss told me that I could connect as I wanted with the IDs provided by DELL.
    By cons, to pass the certification, I am entitled to 3 trials.

Good evening.

Cool!

Good luck!
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
  • Options
    I wanted to know if it was possible to train on site before proceeding DELL certifications?
    Practice tests to pass before the truths.