Domain Admin can't view / change users calendar permissions... ???

I'm poking around, and looking on google - anyone have any idea why this would happen? It's only for one calendar. icon_study.gif

Thanks!

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What are you talking about? Exchange 2003/2007 or some version of SharePoint?
  • jbrad95706jbrad95706 Member Posts: 225
    What are you talking about? Exchange 2003/2007 or some version of SharePoint?

Exchange 2003 - It's been a long week. sleeping.gif

...and I'm using Outlook 2003 as my client.
    Have you tried making a change to it via the administrator account?
    Have you tried making a change to it via the administrator account?

Just from my account - we don't use the admin account.

I add the calendar to my outlook, right click on it, and go to properties, but there is no security tab. (for just this calendar)

The other domain admins can access it and change permissions. Just not me... icon_confused.gif:
  • aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    You need to be given access to the calendar specifically. Sounds like the DA group is not given access (or you have been given Deny access either specifically or through a group).

I would check the permissions on the account in AD first to see how the others are getting their permissions (probably specific for each person) or check to see if they are any groups on the account that have an implicit Deny and see if you are a member of any of those groups.
    Yes, I'd bet that users have been granted permissions rather than groups from what you have described. Have another admin check the permissions.
    Will do - thanks for the info. :)
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Domain Admins are explicitly denied I think, or at least not granted. Those other people are getting their permissions through another group.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...