Options

PASSED!!!!!! Finally

ahepburnahepburn Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well wat can I say... To God be all the glory..... I passed the 640-802 6 days after failing it was 790... I brushed up in the areas that I did poor in... like WAN and Vlan and Routing and this time I scored a 916.... thanks alot technotes and to all the individuals in this forum for you words of encouragement during my stage of depression after failing the first time. Guys is you really want to pass.. please know how to subnet and once you do you will fair well. Good luck!!

What do you think I should do next.... CCNA Security/Wireless of CCDA?

Bless the name of the Lord.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

The CCNA:Security is probably the "easiest" one to do next and requires less (and cheaper) hardware than the CCNA:Wireless. The CCNA:Security can be done with Dynamips/GNS3.

And if you haven't already been designing networks (or doing pre-sales support), I think Rob "nailed it" in this CCDA/CCDP forum post: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccda-ccdp/47195-why-people-find-design-material-boring.html
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations for passing!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif

+1 for CCNA:S next
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass :)
  • Options
    fran7802fran7802 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    could you tell me which senario's you got to configure? im writing on friday and would like some guidance from someone who has already written it.

cheers
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    fran,

There's no way that he could tell you what he got to configure that would violate the CISCO take a look at the Cisco Career Certificates and Confidentiality Agreement: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/downloads/Cisco-Career-Certifications-and-Confidentiality-Agreement_v12.pdf
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    fran7802 wrote: »
    could you tell me which senario's you got to configure?
    That would also violate the Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy
    No candidate will take any action that will compromise the integrity or confidentiality of a Cisco Certification examination or otherwise compromise the integrity of the Cisco Certification program. Such actions include but are not limited to:
    • Disseminating actual exam content via web postings, discussion groups, chat rooms, study guides, etc.
    "Finding" the questions (and/or answers) before taking an exam is CHEATING.

The exam blueprints outline a list of topics you need to know for the exam -- and the "configure" and "troubleshoot" and "verify" tasks make it pretty obvious to someone who's studied (and done hands on lab work) what they expect you know (and demonstrate) on the exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ahepburnahepburn Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    like they mentioned before that is against the rule..... hard work pays off man... I would never do such a thing.. just how I had to put in the countless hour away from my wife studying.... you can do the same. Read the book and pratice all the examples in the book and by the end of the book you should grasp all the concepts. Good Luck on your exam... and just remember cheaters never make it face, but knowledge is attained through hard work.
  • Options
    KPWrightKPWright Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Getting back to the first topic, Congratulations on passing!!!

I'm not much of an authority, but while I originally thought CCNA - CCNP was the right path for me, I'm now thinking CCNA - CCNA:Security is better. I know the added security content will benefit what I want to do and I'm not sure the CCNP level will be necessary. Probably depends on what you want to do though.