Options

Difference between 210 and 215

eclipse97gseclipse97gs Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, first would like to say great site, im glad i found it. I am studying for my MCSA, but right now I just need to pass my 210 to get MCP for a job, then I will move on after i get the job. anyways I was looking at

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/requirements.asp

and noticed 70-210 and 70-215 contain the same study material, can anyone tell me if there is a difference or am i actually just taking the same exam twice?

also if anyone has any suggestions about studying i would love to hear them. I dont want to rush into the exam, but I am on a deadline icon_sad.gif so I have been studying for about 5 hours a day lately.
thanks for everyones time!

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I have done some studying on both of these exams. It seems that most of the study for 2000 Professional has to do with administering a local machine, and much deeper into studies, you get into some of aministering it as a client on a domain(for which you need another PC set up with 2000 Server).

I seems that 2000 Server deals a lot more with adminstering a domain.
    True the subject areas of the study objectctives are the same, but the role of the OS within these areas vary depending on whether your dealing with a local machine, a peer-to-peer network, or a client-server network based on a domain with and Active Directory data base.

I've probably studied these just enough to be dangerous to myself, but these are my general impressions of the study materials I have encountered so far.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    robbie156robbie156 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have only just started studying for the 2000 Pro (70-210) and plan to take the Server (70-215) next as I am informed that it is a natural progression from one to the other. The company I have used for the training has supplied the both exams in one book, Pro takes up 800 pages and Server takes just 250 pages. I think that much of the server exam is very similar to the pro exam ( so I have been told).
  • Options
    mishoomishoo Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Exam 20-710 is for Windows 2000 professional and 70-215 for Windows 2000 Server.The two papers are different but in question both play the part.so it is a good idea to take these two at a time.for most cases u should try to understand the question and its logic according to the client and server.
    but i think u should first prepare for 70-210 then prepare 70-215 then give the papers
    thats what i am doing too
  • Options
    kokopelikokopeli Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yep they are very similar indeed .... 70-215 is more indepth however and concentrates on things unique to server such as RRAS, terminal services etc .... I found it helpful to have done 70-210 before 70-215 as it gave me the confidence that I understood the basics of the Win 2k OS before tackling the server aspect