Options

Passed ISCW Today

bmunroebmunroe Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the ISCW today with a score of 956. Did the BSCI earlier this year. Now on to BCMSN and then ONT. I rarely post, but appreciate all of the great dialogue and inspiration I find on this site. Keep up the great work all.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Celebrate a little bit drunken_smilie.gif and then back to the books! icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Well done, great score
    Congrats
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    katraturakatratura Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
  • Options
    Morty3Morty3 Member Posts: 139
    Tell us (read: me) the study sources you used! I'm going to use 14120230.JPG
    Aswell as Jer's CBT-nuggets, and i'm building a lab as well. Also going for the ISCW.
    CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.
  • Options
    Morty3 wrote: »
    Tell us (read: me) the study sources you used! I'm going to use 14120230.JPG
    Aswell as Jer's CBT-nuggets, and i'm building a lab as well. Also going for the ISCW.

Watched the following video sets. Both excellent for different reasons.
    Cioara - CBT Nuggets
    Bryant - Train Signal

Read portions of the following, but used mostly for reference and clarification of concepts.
    CCNP ISCW Official Exam Certification Guide (Morgan/Lovering, 2007)
    CCNP ISCW Portable Command Guide (Roth, 200icon_cool.gif

Did every single lab... some multiple times.
    CCNP ISCW (ISCW 642-825) Lab Portfolio (Cisco Networking Academy) (Kotfila, et. al, 2007)

Answered all the practice questions in the Cisco Press book.

For lab equipment, I was fortunate enough to use spare gear at work (2821, 3550, and 2620 routers, with a 3560 switch for connectivity). Dynamips/GNS3 actually worked fantastic for all of the CLI labs, but I could never get it to play nice with the SDM ones. Some people have had success creating a virtual NIC on the same machine running SDM & GNS3. I was able to do so, but with only limited success (a bit flaky/finicky).

Hope this helps. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Firemarshalbill.comFiremarshalbill.com Member Posts: 128
    Congrats, I found the ONT to be the easiest
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • Options
    Congrats, I found the ONT to be the easiest

I find that very encouraging. I'm not terribly concerned about BCMSN, as I most of my job revolves around switching. I was a bit worried about the ONT though. Less so now. Why do you think you found it easiest?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Firemarshalbill.comFiremarshalbill.com Member Posts: 128
    It may be a little of the reason you are not worried about the BCMSN, I spent from 2007 to early this year at Sprint as a network design engineer and a major part of that was the use of COS and QOS in IP/MPLS designs, which was exactly what alot of the ONT question where about. I also did not think the level of complexity got to the levels of the BSCI and BCMSN icon_study.gif
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Good job! icon_cheers.gif

Enjoy the drunken_smilie.gif