Options

final interview...

xeviousxevious Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Looks like after 2 months and 4 interviews with the same company, they're calling me back for one last interview with the head of the department.

This one is definitely a personality type of meeting. I've gone from technical questioning to more 'complaint handling' type questioning since it started.

Not much I can do here except sit proper, listen, and provide clear answers.

Looks like I have to run back to the store and grab another new shirt & tie for fear of revealing that I don't have much in business attire... You know what I mean? :D

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    xevious wrote:
    Looks like I have to run back to the store and grab another new shirt & tie for fear of revealing that I don't have much in business attire... You know what I mean? :D
    Oh yeah...

Good luck!
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    xevious wrote:

Yup! Good Luck! Whats the position?
  • Options
    xeviousxevious Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Systems Engineer

FYI: My security certs helped in a great way because I think it was one of the deciding factors that kept me in the race to this point.

There's a huge compliance initiative coming down and the current server team needs someone to translate policy into a workable project of implementation.

Interview question... I was asked, 'how would I go about securing the network (windows) infrastructure?'

My answer: start with a security policy and have ample user awareness training. Firewalls, IDS, antivirus, internet content control, etc... being a given.

That was the answer he was looking for. He told me after the interview that previous applicants went mostly with 'install firewall, block ports, antivirus / service pack updates, remove floppy drive, and strong password' - you get the idea.

If you get asked a similiar question, don't forget to throw in 'policy and awareness.' icon_wink.gif

-Xevious
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Very good! People like to here the Manager ethics you have, good answer & good luck! Let us know how it turns out. icon_thumright.gif

ps- good to hear that Sec- certs are paying off, its obviously a concern for companies.
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    garv221 wrote:
    Very good! People like to here the Manager ethics you have, good answer & good luck! Let us know how it turns out. icon_thumright.gif

ps- good to hear that Sec- certs are paying off, its obviously a concern for companies.

Definitely a good payoff. Having to implement at least the first wave of HIPAA requirements before I got laid off seems to pique the interest of some employers more than the fact that I have no higher certifications. I really want to get my Security+ cert and review the CISSP stuff just because it looks like it will be an 'in' thing to have soon.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber