Options

I passed my the Network+ today!!!

msempermsemper Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got 753 icon_redface.gif
I found the over all test easy. A few question caught me off guard. Such as correct spelling and stuff.

Comments

• Options
    sachaossachaos Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations...Im studying for my network+ right now...where to next?
  • Options
    I started studying for Microsoft 70-210 Win2k pro. Once I pass the three of the core exams, I am going to use my A+ and Network+ to get the MCSA. Then, I am going to work on the MCSE. icon_eek.gif:D

The best advise I can give you is to make sure you understand the concepts icon_rolleyes.gif just don't memorize the stuff. icon_wink.gif

Good luck my friend :)
  • Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    what were the hardest questions and did the objectives cover the whole test or were there some stuff on the test not on the objectives
    thank you
    and what did you use to study
    taking the exam on the 30th of this month
  • Options
    I use to taking military test icon_redface.gif. As with those test you have one right answer and those three don't make any sense at all. However, you would only know that it you have study icon_wink.gif. On the other hand, with this test some questions that looked like they have two or more right answer only to realized answers were spell different. I try not to waste brain power on spelling stuff icon_lol.gif so that caught me a little off guard. Some answer looked the same but were different, and some question was worded tricky. Therefore, it you try to memorized the question and answer you may be a little confused. icon_redface.gif.
    I was surprised that there was patch cable fabrication questions icon_confused.gif

I use smartforce.com with is sponsored by smartcertify and Passport + study guide. I glad I smartforce is free for military personal because I feel it did not have me for the test. I think the goal is not to help pass the test but to teach the network concept to deep detail. I must say it you never work on a network before its a great tool to gain a good understanding of network.

I must use the sticky note and prep exams from this site was it prepares you for the type of questions on the exam.

Good Luck,
  • Options
    jackselvanjackselvan Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    msemper wrote:
    I got 753 icon_redface.gif
    I found the over all test easy. A few question caught me off guard. Such as correct spelling and stuff.
  • Options
    what do you mean by "I was surprised that there was patch cable fabrication questions"
    thank you
  • Options
    DilwertDilwert Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the test. I , too , passed the test this weekend. But I wasn't so fortunate cause I barely passed with 646. But a pass is a pass in my book.
  • Options
    ghaoufa wrote:
    what do you mean by "I was surprised that there was patch cable fabrication questions"
    thank you

Question on wire and pin numbering of the patch cable. Such as which pin connect to which wire on different wiring methods. As you may guess, I did not know icon_redface.gif.
  • Options
    you mean like how to make a patch cable
    or which wire transmits data and which one recives it
    thank you
  • Options
    Making the different cables such as straight and crossover cables icon_redface.gif . I knew how to wire a cable, but I only know it when I see it. I did know with number goes where icon_rolleyes.gif .
  • Options
    what numbers????????? icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    1 and 2 and 3 and 6 (wires in cross-over)
  • Options
    what do these numbers represent
  • Options
    wires in a cross-over cable, the left side is one connector, the right side the connector on the other end. If you connect them like this you'll have a cross-over cable.

1 ---- 3
    2 ---- 6
    3 ---- 1
    4 ---- 4
    5 ---- 5
    6 ---- 2
    7 ---- 7
    8 ---- 8
  • Options
    so the orange-white orange and the geen-white green
    are crossed aren't these the ones that send and recive data
    thank you
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote:

Wow I got the question right icon_lol.gif. I guessed
  • Options
    ghaoufa wrote:
    so the orange-white orange and the geen-white green
    are crossed aren't these the ones that send and recive data
    thank you

yes you are correct.
  • Options
    wires in a cross-over cable, the left side is one connector, the right side the connector on the other end. If you connect them like this you'll have a cross-over cable.

1 ---- 3
    2 ---- 6
    3 ---- 1
    4 ---- 4
    5 ---- 5
    6 ---- 2
    7 ---- 7
    8 ---- 8

so 1 and 3 are crossed
    and 2 and 6 are also crossed
  • Options
    Yep, that's the way to remember it: 1 & 3, and 2 & 6
  • Options
    but you said
  • Options
    yes, when you asked for the numbers... I gave you the numbers... which are 1,2,3 and 6... I've showed you the table to clear up which are connected.
  • Options
  • Options
    how about this question

there can be up to _______ master browsers
    a) 1
    b) 3
    c) 5
    d) one per protocol installed
  • Options
    AlexxZetaAlexxZeta Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think only one master browser for net function correctly!....Possible One for each protocol, try this... icon_idea.gif
    AlexxZeta