Options

Is this a decent lab to buy for ccna

thomas130thomas130 Member Posts: 184
I'm looking to buy a lab to finish my ccna studies and that will allow to continue with my ccnp studies straight after. I was just wondering if you thought this was an decent lab and it's over priced. To make CCNP I was going to buy some layer 3 switches and some routers.

Any advice would be great

CISCO CCNP Router Lab SDM ADSL (CCNA CCIE 2610XM 2950) on eBay (end time 14-Oct-09 14:35:54 BST)

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would say that the lab you are looking at is waaaaay overpriced. Here's a link to a 2611XM Here's another link to a 2950 You can buy two of each (which is the same as the lab kit you were going to buy) and come out much cheaper. It's usually best to buy your lab gear as independent pieces imho. I hope this helps.

V/r

~Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    Just so there no miss understand it includes the following

2x 2160xm router
    1x 2522 router
    2x 2501 router

2 x 2950-24 switches

5 x serial DB60-DB60 crossover cables
    4 x cat 5E straight-through cables
    4 x cat 5E crossover cables
    2 x RJ45 / DB9 console cables
    2 x ethernet transceivers
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Unless the US Dollar has suddenly shot up in value, I'll second that it's overpriced -- with the caveat that local supply may drive your prices higher.

2651XM can be purchased for around $150 USD and 2950 are around $50 -- and that's after free shipping or shipping included in the price. A 2610XM probably is going for under $100 USD. The various other single/dual Fast Ethernet 26xxXM versions should probably fall somewhere in between those prices.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    That OK I buy all the kit seperate should be a good learning expirence

Thank you for help
  • Options
    Mark KnutsonMark Knutson Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thomas130 wrote: »
    That OK I buy all the kit seperate should be a good learning expirence

Thank you for help

Or you could price out the components and make these guys a counter-offer. The counter offer should be a bit lower than the sum of the parts.

I have been thinking a bit about odom's idea of getting 3 1721 routers with 2 serial wic cards each as the basis of a ccnp lab. Then get a 3350, 2950 regular, and 2950 enterprise. Might want to price this out and see what you think.

When buying gear, always check the memory and ios version, as it can have a big impact on the value of the item.