Options

Prometric is HORRIBLE!

Robertb216Robertb216 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
I need some advice guys, any ideas will help!

I scheduled myself to go in for the 70-620 test, Vista. My comfrimation email from them said that it was my 70-620 test. When I sat down at the PC it was the wrong exam, it was for Sharepoint. The testing center had me call candidate care, and they told me I had to put in an appeal at Prometric Services: Testing an Assessment to get my money back, which I did. I explained everything, and attached my email stating I was scheduled for the 70-620, but when I arrived at the testing center it was the Sharepoint shite. I just got a reply from appeals saying I am unable to get my money back becuase I selected the wrong test, which is not true! I wrote them back wanting an explination, but I worried I won't get my money back!!
I really do not know what to do?!? I guess I could call my credit card company to dispute the charge, and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. But I have no idea what I can do, any suggestions?!?!

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You might also want to contact Microsoft. Since they have allowed Prometric to have a monopoly on their certification exams this sort of thing is just as much a problem for them.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help/service-americas.aspx
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you have a confirmation email then its on them. I am assuming your appeal was via email? I kind of wonder if somebody at the other end for their customer support was trying to get out the door in time and just clicked some generic response. I had that happen with an Ebay appeal where they closed it without even updating the ticket with why.

Try calling and have all your evidence in hand.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Ask to speak to a manager with customer care.

when i was taking a SQL, the sims failed on two consecutive test tries at a particular test center, so I called and told them just to give me my money back. Amazingly, there were no questions asked, no red tape, the lady was just like 'ok'.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    All you should need is your confirmation email from your booking. If that says SharePoint, I would say you're probably screwed.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Prometric's web site is horrible as well. icon_rolleyes.gif

I am trying to see what day to schedule my Security+ exam, and wishing badly that Vue was around here.
  • Options
    Tony138Tony138 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hate Prometric. They have horrible customer service and one of the worst websites that I've seen from a professional company. I wish Microsoft would let us register for exams through Vue; they are way better.
  • Options
    win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    I am displeased with prometric service too. Everytime I finish my test I'm bugged by one of their sales person about taking some cisco class for $600 or something, and I tell them everytime I self-study.
  • Options
    SoulreaverSoulreaver Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i had a similar issue when i was doing my mcse2k3 track but after speaking to the proctors they told me to call the 1800 number, i called using their courtesy phones right at the entrance, but they rescheduled it for the next day after about 40ish minutes on the phone.

you mentioned that you contacted them via email, have you tried calling their 1800 number?

i haven't had many issues with prometric, the main thing that i hate about their testing center where i live is their crappy monitors...makes you feel like your eyes are bleeding after reading those lengthy Microsoft style questions
  • Options
    Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I definitely agree that the prometric website sucks alot but I did find their 1-800 customer service very pleasing. They were able to solve my problem quickly.
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thing happened,... so stay away from MS exam... After a while. I gave up on their training.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    blargoe wrote: »
    All you should need is your confirmation email from your booking. If that says SharePoint, I would say you're probably screwed.

yeah ok, dumb me.... I accidently signed up for the wrong test after all. But STILL this is complete CRAP they won't refund me money, i mean I am still taking their stupid test. RAHH
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You should've sat for the SharePoint test. You had nothing to lose but time. =p
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    Robertb216 wrote: »
    yeah ok, dumb me.... I accidently signed up for the wrong test after all. But STILL this is complete CRAP they won't refund me money, i mean I am still taking their stupid test. RAHH

Great news!! SO I called and I have my test retake for Tuesday. So that takes care of the issue of the frozen PC during testing. Since they would not refund my money from selecting the wrong test the first time and Prometric basically told me to get lost, I called my credit card company to dispute the charge. They just emailed me and told me I will not be charged for the mixup, YEAH! Score one for the little guy :)
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Their website isn't allowing me to register again... I'm going to try the 1-800 number... Hopefully, it can be all done by the time the voucher expires the end of the year.... Last time, it was 2 months, and the vouchers finally expired. Yay for the little guy... Yea....
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    A similar thing happened to me a few weeks back. I scheduled an exam on a Monday at 11am. I showed up.. the testing center wasn't even open. I waited 30 minutes, then drove home and called prometric. They told me that my exam was actually scheduled for Wednesday at 11:15. I said "BULL$HIT!!!" And complained enough to get a manager. They told me I scheduled for that date and there was nothing they could do. I them started complaining some more, that they finally rescheduled me that day for the test to be taken... but still saying that the system wouldn't schedule me for something I didn't pick.

Further more... I have all the exams to get my MCSA cert, but my exam from my 290 test isn't posting to the MCP site. Microsoft said it's a prometric issue. I've been calling prometric for a week now, and they STILL have YET to get it posted. BS!!!

I wish VUE still did MS tests, too.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It finally works again! :) I was able to schedule my exam! Yay!

I wish VUE still did MS tests, as well. I like them a LOT better.
  • Options
    Further more... I have all the exams to get my MCSA cert, but my exam from my 290 test isn't posting to the MCP site. Microsoft said it's a prometric issue. I've been calling prometric for a week now, and they STILL have YET to get it posted. BS!!!

I wish VUE still did MS tests, too.[/QUOTE]

Bummer, how long does Microsoft have Prometric as a testing partner?
  • Options
    Update....I passed with 800 this morning!!! ugh what a terrible experience with this testing center and prometric. This was the retake since the two different PC's kept locking up a week or so ago the first time. So when i took it again today, this first PC FROZE! I was like "oh boy, here we go again." Then they placed me on a second PC, and after I completed the test.... you guess it, big white screen. I started to panic, especially since I finished the test and I did not know the score. But the testing clerk got it figured out and said I passed. I grabbed my test sheet and ran out of there, never to return to this testing site :)
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Robertb216 wrote: »
    Update....I passed with 800 this morning!!! ugh what a terrible experience with this testing center and prometric. This was the retake since the two different PC's kept locking up a week or so ago the first time. So when i took it again today, this first PC FROZE! I was like "oh boy, here we go again." Then they placed me on a second PC, and after I completed the test.... you guess it, big white screen. I started to panic, especially since I finished the test and I did not know the score. But the testing clerk got it figured out and said I passed. I grabbed my test sheet and ran out of there, never to return to this testing site :)

What a horrible experience. Is there another testing site you can use for your next certification?
  • Options
    What a horrible experience. Is there another testing site you can use for your next certification?

Yes, there is one that about 40 min away, but it will be worth the drive!! I am just happy I passed and can put this all behind me!