After a year off from CCNP studies, back for ONT...

jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
I started a new job the end of last year as a technical trainer at a
Microsoft IT Academy. They required an MCSE with ISA 2004 and Vista as components in addition to gaining MCITP:SA status. I achieved my MCSE with Security+, 70-298, and XP 2 years prior. So for me to get the job, I had to pass Vista Config(70-620), ISA2004 (70-350), 70-649(2k8 upgrade), 646(MCITP:SA), and for giggles(not as a job requirement), I took and passed the 70-647 (MCITP:EA). Also, right before I took this job last year I was sidetracked for about 3 months with a brain hemorhage and blod clot in my large sinus. I almost died, but thankfully I had an extremely talented team of neurologists and hemotologists.

Well, now is the time for me to head back to the Cisco track. I haven't really even taken a look at any of the CCNP material in a LONG time. (Feels like forever...) I need to pass ONT to complete my CCNP. Any suggestions on prepping this test after such a long break?

I have the ONT CBT Nuggets, Transcender practice test, and the Cisco Press ONT and QoS books.
"Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I started a new job the end of last year as a technical trainer at a
    Microsoft IT Academy. They required an MCSE with ISA 2004 and Vista as components in addition to gaining MCITP:SA status. I achieved my MCSE with Security+, 70-298, and XP 2 years prior. So for me to get the job, I had to pass Vista Config(70-620), ISA2004 (70-350), 70-649(2k8 upgrade), 646(MCITP:SA), and for giggles(not as a job requirement), I took and passed the 70-647 (MCITP:EA). Also, right before I took this job last year I was sidetracked for about 3 months with a brain hemorhage and blod clot in my large sinus. I almost died, but thankfully I had an extremely talented team of neurologists and hemotologists.

Well, now is the time for me to head back to the Cisco track. I haven't really even taken a look at any of the CCNP material in a LONG time. (Feels like forever...) I need to pass ONT to complete my CCNP. Any suggestions on prepping this test after such a long break?

I have the ONT CBT Nuggets, Transcender practice test, and the Cisco Press ONT and QoS books.

Wow dude! You had some serious events. Good to have you back and healthy though.
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    ONT isn't too bad. The book and the Nugs should be plenty. Just know your QoS well.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I remember you going through all that. I'm glad everything turned out ok, and you're back in business icon_cool.gif

Welcome back! icon_cheers.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome back to CiscoLand!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    I remember you going through all that. I'm glad everything turned out ok, and you're back in business icon_cool.gif

Welcome back! icon_cheers.gif

thank you sir! ya, it was an interesting end of year.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Wow dude! You had some serious events. Good to have you back and healthy though.

thank you!
  • SepiraphSepiraph Member Posts: 179 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey I am in a similar boat, got involved in various other stuffs (no dying stuff tho) but now going back to finish ONT (and CCNP)