Options

Server 2003 network errors

keving458keving458 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello all i have an odd problem that has been plaguing my servers for some time. I receive the below error and the research i have been doing is leading me nowhere. My boss tells me there's a patch but i cant find one. It is for server 2003R2. Any help would be great:

Sys: W 'Mon Oct 12 08:36:22 2009': Srv - " While transmitting or receiving data, the server encountered
a network error.
Occassional errors are expected, but large amounts of these indicate a possible
error
in your network configuration. The error status code is contained within
the returned data (formatted
as Words) and may point you towards the problem

Comments

• Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Run netdiag for more information and post additional details.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Are you sure it isn't a physical network problem? NIC, wiring, switchport, etc?
  • Options
    Could you also run a ping <some IP address> -t for a while and see if any packets drop?
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Are you sure it isn't a physical network problem? NIC, wiring, switchport, etc?

I dont believe this is a physical problem, however most of our servers are offsite so i want to do what i can remotely first. I ran a netdiag test and everything passed. Understand that i prefer not to post my results because of my company info in the results. I also pinged an IP address and checked for packet loss. Nothing found so i dont think this is a physical problem.
  • Options
    Any (relevant) event log errors? What are the symptoms, other than this error message?
  • Options
    rsutton wrote: »
    Any (relevant) event log errors? What are the symptoms, other than this error message?

No other event errors regarding network and much else for that matter. There are no network issues or complaints either except for these errors. I'm baffled.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Is this happening on multiple servers or just one? I wasn't sure if you stated that. I've corrected this before by updating the NIC driver.
  • Options
    Is this happening on multiple servers or just one? I wasn't sure if you stated that. I've corrected this before by updating the NIC driver.

THis happens on our 3 Domain Controller servers and our 1 file server. I was thinking about the nic drivers also but i think they are all up to date. I cant be positive though.
  • Options
    Have you checked for duplex mismatches?