Options

How long did you take to prepare for your CCNA Security

Hello,

I guess I have the Cisco bug now. Because I just passed my CCNA this past Thursday and I was going to take a break. But, I don't want to. I am ordering my CCNP materials this Friday. I know that the test changes on June 23, 2010. I'm trying to at least get done the BCMSN and BSCI before then. I have a good bit of extra time usually that I could dedicate to study time. How long did you take preparing for the CCNA Security exam. I have thought about taking it, what did you guys use for study material? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill Scott

Comments

• Options
    NullCodeNullCode Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, what can i say, i PASSED CCNA:Security.
    I used Cisco press and CBT:Nuggets.
    I highly recomend CBT. CBT> Trainsignal.
    You should know your SDM inside OUT.
    Try using a IOS with ZoneBased Firewall Support.

The time you spend depends on your experience.
  • Options
    apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    Two days of skimming the Cisco Press book. I bought the book for almost full price then found some down time skimmed it on safari and passed the exam before the stupid book arrived.
  • Options
    apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    Also I was really caught off guard because I had never once in my life logged into the SDM before the exam. It was kinda funny having trouble finding stuff like what ip was on an interface.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    apd123 wrote: »
    Two days of skimming the Cisco Press book. I bought the book for almost full price then found some down time skimmed it on safari and passed the exam before the stupid book arrived.

I don't know if a CCIE is a typical CCNA:S candidate icon_lol.gif