Options

Cyber security virus....help

JL2728JL2728 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
So i got the cyber security virus thru email. I need help right the way. I have trendmicro virus protection but it doesnt help.

Would appreciate your help...

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JL2728 wrote: »
    So i got the cyber security virus thru email. I need help right the way. I have trendmicro virus protection but it doesnt help.

Would appreciate your help...

Thanks

Hmm malwarebytes and spybot. download them (if you can). Use them. Love them. After that do a google for the reg keys that may be effected and change/delete them.

I would try to find the reg keys for you but I am on a company machine so I can't. But seriously use those tools and kill whatever the hell you got.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Index of /rescue_cd

Download and burn this to CD. It will boot your computer into linux, download updates, and then do a scan.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Index of /rescue_cd

Download and burn this to CD. It will boot your computer into linux, download updates, and then do a scan.

You get points.
  • Options
    So far none of the spyware removal software is working so if anyone could assist with some more help, I would really appreciate that... I think I'm going to try a few more software if none worked, then I'll have to reformat the system and reinstall XP...

Help...
  • Options
    hca333hca333 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't know which version of Cyber Security you've got but i got rid of it by terminating 'cs.exe' in task manager, deleting the program file (from Program Files/CS)and removing the startup entry (cs.exe) from the registry: HKCurrentUser/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/CURRENTVERSION/RUN

I then ran spybots and malwarebytes to heal a few other issues.

If it keeps reinstalling, try terminating the main program, edit the exe with notepad, replace characters in the top middle and bottom of the file (making sure you leave the file the same size). If you corrupt the exe file but leave it the same size, the exe won't load and whichever program keeps replacing the main program file may be fooled into thinking the file is still present and correct. Obviously you'll get a black command prompt windowing appearing on startup but that's much less annoying than the false lies and propaganda you'd get otherwise. Of course, the security is likely to be ridded with holes like swiss cheese but then isn't it always?
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would try highjackthis and killbox. Also pull the hd out and put it in an isolated machine with all the tools like spybot, ad-aware, avg, comodo, and the above mentioned in my post and scan the drive. Having it in another machine or even in safe mode can help because the processes may not have a chance to run there by making it possible to get rid of the virus. You will never get rid of it if the process is running. Also you will probably never fully get rid of it till you reformat. Hope that helps.

http://cantalktech.com/2009/10/08/cyber-security-virus/

check that out. Make sure to do it well in safe mode or the hd is out. Of course the reg keys will have to be while in safemode but all the other stuff can be killed while the hd is out of the system
  • Options
    So far I've been able to delete a few files of the cyber virus in the registry, I'm installing stopzilla as I'm leaving this reply. Thanks all for your reply. I will keep you updated of the status of this problem...

Cheers
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm going to give my view on this kind of thing. Wipe and start over. You just never know where viruses, trojans, and rootkits might lurk in the OS. I just don't like the risks.

I personally cannot remember the last time I have had an infection on my system. I believe it was back in the late 90s.
  • Options
    Looks like Stopzilla is able to clean up all the files and everything thats related to this crazy cyber security virus, but according to the result from the scan, Stopzilla will not get rid of the VIRUS until I buy the FULL version to completely remove it from my system. Full Version starts from $19.99/mth to $39.99/yr or something. Should I trust this result and pay this people to help me remove this virus completely or is there really another option for me? I just want to try to completely reformat the hdd and reinstall Win XP.

Hope you guys still have some advice for me, I want to thank you all for your help so far.

Thanks
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    JL2728 wrote: »
    Looks like Stopzilla is able to clean up all the files and everything thats related to this crazy cyber security virus, but according to the result from the scan, Stopzilla will not get rid of the VIRUS until I buy the FULL version to completely remove it from my system. Full Version starts from $19.99/mth to $39.99/yr or something. Should I trust this result and pay this people to help me remove this virus completely or is there really another option for me? I just want to try to completely reformat the hdd and reinstall Win XP.

Hope you guys still have some advice for me, I want to thank you all for your help so far.

Thanks

My advice is don't believe a piece of software that demands that you buy it first. Why not just save yourself some money and wipe the computer and start over?
  • Options
    salvagegurusalvageguru Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My advice is don't believe a piece of software that demands that you buy it first. Why not just save yourself some money and wipe the computer and start over?

I second the motion. Good security programs such as malwarebytes and superantispyware can provide removal of malware at no cost. Free programs can remove it, but if you want this free program to protect your computer from malware, you must purchase the licensed. Anyway its cheap compare to the hassle and efforts to be consumed removing malware.

On your problem, maybe you can see this full info and removal of Cyber Security

Goodluck and be aware next time!