Options

20+ days until CCNA / subnet practice

SatcomSatcom Member Posts: 110
I have approximately 20 days until I am going to attempt the CCNA. I am studying pretty hard every nite.. covering ICND 1 and ICND 2 books by Wendell Odom... well in honesty i havent even cracked icnd 2 book yet!!!! I also have an actual lab now 4 2950's and 4 2600 routers

I would say i am learning the most doing labs hands down. Can someone point me in the right direction where I can find subnet questions to practice. I think that is my weakness and I want to practice them everyday until its test time. Does anyone have a good resource .... I thought I would try here before I hit google up ... i am going to try to cover a few more chapters before i make subnetting a daily part of my study program / routine...

Comments

• Options
    jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    Satcom wrote: »
    I have approximately 20 days until I am going to attempt the CCNA. I am studying pretty hard every nite.. covering ICND 1 and ICND 2 books by Wendell Odom... well in honesty i havent even cracked icnd 2 book yet!!!! I also have an actual lab now 4 2950's and 4 2600 routers

I would say i am learning the most doing labs hands down. Can someone point me in the right direction where I can find subnet questions to practice. I think that is my weakness and I want to practice them everyday until its test time. Does anyone have a good resource .... I thought I would try here before I hit google up ... i am going to try to cover a few more chapters before i make subnetting a daily part of my study program / routine...

subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online
  • Options
    KPWrightKPWright Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow, excellent site for random practice. Thanks for the link jmc icon_exclaim.gif
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Here is another good site for practice

IP Subnet Practice
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Here are two more that are good for practice:

http://www.nybi.org/subnet-2.php

Subnetting Quiz #1

You should be able to get them pretty quickly. Make some flash cards and memorize the number of bits that you may have to borrow or that are required. I did that to help speed up how quickly I could do things in my head. I would practice any lab scenario that you think you are weak on as well. Just a recommendation.
  • Options
    jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    KPWright wrote: »
    Wow, excellent site for random practice. Thanks for the link jmc icon_exclaim.gif

I would spend a hour or so every night for a few weeks before the test on that site. It's great prep for the test!
  • Options
    rowelldrowelld Member Posts: 176
    Subnetting is a core part of the CCNA. Know it like the back of your hand. You know you've perfected subnetting if you can solve subnetting problems in under 15 seconds.
    Visit my blog: http://www.packet6.com - I'm on the CWNE journey!
  • Options
    SatcomSatcom Member Posts: 110
    thank you thank you thank you.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Of course if you have any questions let us know. I definitely would be glad to help :) and I know everyone else here is as well.