Am I late ???

emmsr88emmsr88 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi everbody !
I do have a doubt in mind that I wish you ,expert people to guide me !
I will be 25 in 5 months !
I have been working in the field of networking for 4 years and I hold CCNA and CCNP certifications.
Its a while I am studying for the CCIE R&S, actually I mean the books !
The whole point is am paying for all the stuff my own and there is no financial support for it and therefore my budget is limited
So i have the plan the buy Internetworking Expert workbooks value package plus the COD. and I wanna to attend at the narbik Bootcamp in duabi in Jaunary ! I have simple GN3 Lab at home which I can only test the materials !
So do you think its enough ? Am I taking the right path am late regarding to my age ?

Thanks

Comments

• TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    emmsr88 wrote: »
    hi everbody !
    I have been working in the field of networking for 4 years and I hold CCNA and CCNP certifications.
    The whole point is am paying for all the stuff my own and there is no financial support for it and therefore my budget is limited
    So i have the plan the buy Internetworking Expert workbooks value package plus the COD. and I wanna to attend at the narbik Bootcamp in duabi in Jaunary ! I have simple GN3 Lab at home which I can only test the materials !
    So do you think its enough ? Am I taking the right path am late regarding to my age ?

Thanks

Many of us are self financing. If you have the aptitude and the time it's doable. Good luck!
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    As Turgon said really.

I think GNS3 has opened up a whole new world for aspiring CCIE's.

In terms of your age, we may be young (I'm 26) but it doesnt stop us!

Wouldn't see the young age as a handicap in the slightest
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This thread's depressing. I'm going to be 27 soon, and I'm just wrapping up my CCNA icon_lol.gif
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dynamik wrote: »
    This thread's depressing. I'm going to be 27 soon, and I'm just wrapping up my CCNA icon_lol.gif

Please don't go there. icon_wink.gif You are just a little ahead of me Dynamik... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Firemarshalbill.comFiremarshalbill.com Member Posts: 128
    Will you 20 somethings please STOP complaining you are sooooooo far behind me in my rear view mirror HAHAHAHA

Brain says I am 20 something but the body says 48 icon_cheers.gif
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□

There's really no point in continuing this late in the game....Clearly you should just throw in the towel and hop on the dole for the remainder of your life.

MS
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    am late regarding to my age ?
    If this Cisco networking thing doesn't work out for you you at least have a future doing standup comedy icon_lol.gif

You're funny!! A lot of people still don't have a clue at 25 years old what they want to be "when they grow up" -- and a bunch still haven't even realized yet that they will have to "grow up" some day.

If you like data networking, are good at it, and are happy doing the work -- you're already "ahead of the game." And the CCIE is a worthy adult goal -- so I'd say you are now the perfect age to start your CCIE Quest. icon_thumright.gif

Probably the only thing I'd add to your plan is just a reminder to make sure you balance out your work and personal life. While study (and a CCIE) may be an important part of your "life plan" -- don't forget your family and friends. And continue doing your current job well and look for opportunities to advance and gain greater experience and responsibilities. Don't just do enough in your current job to "get by" and hope that earning a CCIE will suddenly get you a better and more exciting job (though it could happen :D).

Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • a543047a543047 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Between the training materials, GNS3, DocCD, and some rack time for 3550/3560 switches you will have enough to pass the exam. If you put in the time and dedication becoming a CCIE is certainly an obtainable goal. As for the age question that is just plain silly.
    CCIE #22769
    Routing and Switching
    Service Provider
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□

Are you serious? It would take me 27 years to wrap up 10000 posts!! :) not to mention the 16 million certs you have clocked up.
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510

Oh, [expletive deleted]. I'm 42, and I just finished wrapping that one up.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    You are already 25 and don't have your CCIE yet? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?!

Seriously, you might as well just worry about retirement at this point, as there is no use going any farther in your career. Look into some life insurance (you may be too old for this too), as funeral costs are huge these days.
  • tim100tim100 Member Posts: 162
    hi everbody !

Thanks

As Turgon said, most of us are self financing. I had to self finance everything myself. InternetworkExpert's workbooks are great and if you can manage to buy some switches and connect your GNS3 setup to them you should do just fine as far as a home lab setup. If you can attend Narbik's bootcamp, all the better. You will get his workbooks as well and you will be able to do much of everything on GNS3. There is also the online rack rental option for the things you can't do with GNS3 especially if you can't get a hold of some switches. As far as Narbik's bootcamp - this is the best thing you can do. In my opinion Narbik is by far one of the best trainers I have seen in all my years in this field. This combined with hands on experience should help you reach your goal. Hands on experience in the field is the most important aspect. Dealing with real world scenarios helps in great detail. It's never too late in the world of Information Technology. I'm 31 and I am working on my second CCIE cert. If I have the time I will go for a third. It is a nonstop learning experience when it comes to this career so don't let age hold you back.
  • apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    CCIE at 25 and wished I had done it at 23. Heck I wish I was done with either the Security or Voice track as well by now but I am not. Better to just get something this big done if procrastination is the thing stopping you as it was me.
  • Firemarshalbill.comFiremarshalbill.com Member Posts: 128
    Most parents want relive their youth and have their sons to play ball, HAH not me

Got my 4 year old configuring Access Lists and QOS on Routers, moving him up to the Cisco CRS figure I can make him a CCIE by the time he is 8. icon_wink.gif may have to lie on the exam though anyone know how I can get him a drivers license saying he is 18 LOLicon_lol.gif

I can see it now put him to work and I can retire
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • wera711wera711 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You're probably the perfect age to get a CCIE. You need to live life before becoming an antisocial IT dork. I say the perfect time is after the party/care free days, and before you start a family.