how long will it take to Create a simple website

hi all
I want to create a site containing photos videos and informantion about myself , so far thats it , a friend of mine told me it will take 25 days , I was shocked , i expected it to take a week not more

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Depends on your skill and what you want to do. You can get WordPress up and running with a decent theme in a few minutes. If your hosting plan offers something like Fantastico, it will be almost instantaneous.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mcse_696 wrote: »
    hi all
    I want to create a site containing photos videos and informantion about myself , so far thats it , a friend of mine told me it will take 25 days , I was shocked , i expected it to take a week not more

I paid a subscription to a hosting site. With the easy to use tools that come with it I put my company website together online in a matter of hours. Looks fine and I have no web developer skills to speak of.
  • mcse_696mcse_696 Member Posts: 151
    he said it will take 25 days because the design work will take a long time , I have some questions like who is providing mail services webhosting company ? or any domain you gonna register ?
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mcse_696 wrote: »
    he said it will take 25 days because the design work will take a long time , I have some questions like who is providing mail services webhosting company ? or any domain you gonna register ?

Many hosting companies provide that all in. Shop around.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Leo Laporte has really been pushing www.squarespace.com lately. If I needed to make a very nice public Web site I'd certainly give it a try.
    thanks from all replying I got a little Idea about webhost, I found HTML templates http://www.2createawebsite.com/build/templates.html , do you think with this templates someone has no idea about HTML\CSS act............ could create a nice website
    Just use WordPress and use a free theme: WordPress › Free WordPress Themes

There's over 1000 now.
    hi again
    is the bandwidth related to disk space , because the one who is going to create me website he said , its enough only 100MB of space I have nearly for now 30MB videos besides his work he said 20MB, someone else he told me, your website will go down after exceeding the bandwidth limit , so what do you think ??