Options

Just passed 680

mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just got back and got a 743. Not the best score in the world, but I booked it on a whim nearly a week after sitting the 685 and 686 as I thought there was a lot of overlap. If you have done the 685 & 686, then get this one booked.

I got 65 questions, took about an hour, all the questions were very short. I was actually expecting a score in the 800's as I thought it was quite easy, but it appears not after looking at my score! I think I messed up the ipv6 questions.

I used all of Claymoore's excellent links, technet/springboard vids and articles, and the use of Win 7 for most of this year has helped.

Anyway... now back to the 293 that I have started studying twice.

Comments

• Options
    t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
    Congrats!!!!
    Knowledge is Power.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mrmcmint wrote: »
    I think I messed up the ipv6 questions.

Hey, a pass is a pass!

But did I warn you about IPv6 or what! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    You did :)

Need to buy a book on ipv6 i think.
  • Options
    So if you pass the 685 are you going to take one of the HDI exams?
  • Options
    Whats HDI? and if I pass the 686 as well that would give me MCITP:EDA wouldn't it?
    What have you got lined up next?
  • Options
    The EDA is 680+686
    The DST7 is 680+685+ one of two HDI exams. The 685 does not count toward the EDA.

Microsoft and HDI Announce New Windows 7 Desktop Support Certification | born to learn
  • Options
    No I won't be doing the HDI route, not the track I want to take. I will settle for hoping to pass the 686. I need to get MCSE finished, then rattle off the two upgrade exams for MCITP:EA, then do CCNA, somewhere in between get ISA2006 and Security+ done. Busy! icon_study.gif
  • Options
    That's why I was wondering. Seeing what you have been working on the EDST7 seemed a little contrary to the direction you were going.
  • Options
    I agree. I didn't want to go down that route at all but the betas came along so I thought why not icon_twisted.gif

This 293 looks pretty dry. I want to have this done in 3 weeks if possible. Then I'm thinking 294 and 298 on same day in mid december, or maybe thats a bad plan. We'll see!
  • Options
    I agree. I didn't want to go down that route at all but the betas came along so I thought why not icon_twisted.gif

This 293 looks pretty dry. I want to have this done in 3 weeks if possible. Then I'm thinking 294 and 298 on same day in mid december, or maybe thats a bad plan. We'll see!
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."