VPN for Home Use

2»

Comments

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Cool. When I finish building my box I may go this route.

I have the vpn running off of a single 1ghz cpu and 512 mb ram laptop that is running XP. I did install antivirus on it so it would have some protection. So it theres not a huge need for it to be super box.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    keenon wrote: »
    I have the vpn running off of a single 1ghz cpu and 512 mb ram laptop that is running XP. I did install antivirus on it so it would have some protection. So it theres not a huge need for it to be super box.

Not bad. I think I have a few spare boxes so I may have a dedicated box for my vpn connections. Possible a Ubuntu box running untangle or something. It may end up like this

UbuntuVPNBOX>><<UBUNTUMAINBOX>><<<WINDOWSSERVERBOX

Im hoping that the spare boxes I have can handle the traffic. Are you using this for just remote access to a gns3 lab or other things as well?
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Not bad. I think I have a few spare boxes so I may have a dedicated box for my vpn connections. Possible a Ubuntu box running untangle or something. It may end up like this

UbuntuVPNBOX>><<UBUNTUMAINBOX>><<<WINDOWSSERVERBOX

Im hoping that the spare boxes I have can handle the traffic. Are you using this for just remote access to a gns3 lab or other things as well?

i'm using it for vpn connections, only terminal server connection for regular users and as admin i have term server and rdp to server running lab.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons