Options

Giving up on dumb IE, FireFox browsers

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
Let me cut to the chase. IE and FireFox are dumb browsers. Let me explain why.

I go and try to download a 60MB file and when it reaches 59.99MB, I lose the Internet connection for about 30 seconds. The so-called FireFox Download Manager has no clue that the connection is up again once it's so.

When I try to re-download, it starts from scratch in both IE and FF. That's damn. I then use few download managers and they can't do the job.

Do you know of any solution to this?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Use wget.

Seriously though, it sounds like you have AV or something else interfering with the download.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Neither browser does that for me, bro. Me thinks your machine is the problem, not the browser. Seriously, how could two totally different browsers both exhibit the same behavior on your machine and it be both the browsers that are the issue.

But by all means, go ahead and use Chrome or Opera if you want...
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    Neither browser does that for me, bro. Me thinks your machine is the problem, not the browser. Seriously, how could two totally different browsers both exhibit the same behavior on your machine and it be both the browsers that are the issue.

But by all means, go ahead and use Chrome or Opera if you want...

icon_thumright.gif

Sounds like your wireless/wired connection.

Possibly a bad router, bad modem or bad provider icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Is this happening at home or at work? Some Corporate firewall / security systems will block or stop downloads that are a certain size.
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They are web "browsers," not bittorrent applications. :)

and I've found that Opera resumes downloads pretty good.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680