Options

Stupid Question about logon accounts

For some darn reason, I created about 5 user accounts and I cant log on with them (in Windows 2003 Enterprise). However, I can log on with the Administrator account. I'm gonna troubleshoot the problem more when I get home, but I'm getting Pissed! Do I need to configure the local path or profile path? Or, can I just leave it blank? I think I may know the solution already, but any help will be greatly appreciated....

icon_confused.gif
Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III

Comments

• Options
    xeviousxevious Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    not a stupid question, it's part of the learning process... we won't let your efforts go to waste.

It sounds like you created 5 general accounts on the server and attempting to login to the very server itself. It cant happen unless you give it the right priv assignment. ie. add to local admin group, etc...

The idea is if this is a File Server and you have confidential docs that cannot be access via a folder share, then what's to stop a general user from logging in directly and looking at the files there - granted they have physical access to the box.

profile path and local path can be left blank.

Hope this helps...
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    You are logging into the domain and not the local machine.... aren't you?
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    xevious wrote:
    It cant happen unless you give it the right priv assignment. ie. add to local admin group, etc...

I forgot all about group permissions & policies for accounts....

Okay, Im gonna sign some permissions to these accounts..... I only wasted about 2-3 hours so far.....

Yes, I am logging into the domain. However, I never assigned permissions to the account.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna try some more when I get home.
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III