Options

Vlan troubles

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
Forgive me in advance but I'm like a Cisco idiot today...I don't know why I can't remember this stuff. As per the picture I have a simple network. A router with two sub-interfaces, 2 pcs and their gateways, and a switch in the middle. FA 0/24 is a trunk interface connecting to the router. VLAN 1 has an IP address of 10.0.0.34, vlan 5 has an IP address of 10.0.5.34. Everything can ping everything with one exception...PC0 can't ping PC1's gateway (10.0.5.254)....why?

Yes PC 1 can ping pc0's gateway.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The picture looks like packet tracer.....

If the PCs can ping each other, then you're probably configured correctly.

If this is in Packet Tracer, save and restart -- and hope it magically works.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Haha good call! I actually just used Packet Tracer because it had the best pics I could find but the lab was a real environment.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If it's real hardware (and not production equipment) then try a trace route from PC0. Also ping back from the router and use the "source" option on the ping command (or the extended ping command if you have an older IOS) and send the ping from the 10.0.5.x subinterface (the gateway address PC0 couldn't ping). Can that gateway IP source a ping and reach PC0?

If it's not production equipement, you can also try a debug ip routing and/or debug ip packet and see if anything exciting happens when you try the ping again.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Forgive me in advance but I'm like a Cisco idiot today...I don't know why I can't remember this stuff. As per the picture I have a simple network. A router with two sub-interfaces, 2 pcs and their gateways, and a switch in the middle. FA 0/24 is a trunk interface connecting to the router. VLAN 1 has an IP address of 10.0.0.34, vlan 5 has an IP address of 10.0.5.34. Everything can ping everything with one exception...PC0 can't ping PC1's gateway (10.0.5.254)....why?

Yes PC 1 can ping pc0's gateway.

NightShade03,

Which routing protocol is configured on the router?