Options

WIndows 7 Virtual Box

ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi Guys I am trying to run the WIndow 7 RTM through virtual box I have the image and it automatically creates a 100gig virtual drive, Only problem is when I power on the virtual machine and run, it loads and says starting WIndows 7 splash screen comes up. Then it just stalls, i'm running it on a Core 2 duo with 4 gig of ram. Any troubleshooting steps I can take? or am I missing something.

Thanks
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What are the specs on the VM?
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have allocated a Gigs worth of ram, I am running a Core 2 Duo 2.6Ghz and have a terrbyte SATA drive which 100gig has been allocated to the Windows 7 virtual drive.

When I load the image it POSTS and the Windows 7 loading screen appears then it just stalls at this point.
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Do you have an iso that you are trying to run? There was an article on networkworld.com somewhere on Friday about them having issues similar to what you are describing with no work around at the moment....let me see if I can find it again.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ally_uk wrote: »
    I have allocated a Gigs worth of ram, I am running a Core 2 Duo 2.6Ghz and have a terrbyte SATA drive which 100gig has been allocated to the Windows 7 virtual drive.

When I load the image it POSTS and the Windows 7 loading screen appears then it just stalls at this point.

I would suggest a smaller virtual hard drive and a reinstall. The specs sound good, but I am not that familiar with Virtual Box. I do use it to run an XP client on my Linux laptop.

If the system works after the reinstall you can add a second hard drive to give you some more storage. I've run Windows 7 under VMware and Hyper-V without any issues, so I would tend to think this is a bad install.