Options

Assistance about ITT Tech

blazinkaosblazinkaos Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys im new at this forum and what brought me into it was i saw a thread on ITT tech and i was searching around because i heard something not good about and i felt something not good about after i entered into it. But i hear credits are not transferable from everything i read but it depends on the school and what others accept. But im in my 2nd quarter of my first year and i mean im learning things but i feel like its not challenging me enough. Im into electronics and i want a degree into it and itt put me into the CEET. I want advise what i should do in the smartest way that wont screw my life up if anyone can give me advise what i should do on how to get out and not have a all this money that im paying for nothing. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    neil221211neil221211 Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As far as the credits transferring. They are in the process of getting the same accreditation as the larger universities. I don"t know when this will be complete but as far as i have been told it will be retro active for all previous grads of ITT. I'll keep you posted as i find out more
  • Options
    RiskblingRiskbling Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You have just started, get out why you still can.

Find a community college and transfer to a public university to save yourself some money, or just go straight to a university.

ITT TECH steals your money.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I thought I read a while back that ITT was investigated by the FBI for fraud. I know I have heard nothing but bad about them though.
  • Options
    ElvisGElvisG Member Posts: 167
    When I was living in Virginia Beach, VA the local ITT school got raided. I think that school and their main corporate office in Texas somewhere got raided. From what I remember from seeing on the news, the issue was about lying about student status to receive more money from the state.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    I thought I read a while back that ITT was investigated by the FBI for fraud. I know I have heard nothing but bad about them though.

Yup, in Indiana actually.
  • Options
    blazinkaosblazinkaos Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for replying everyone i appreciate it. Well Im going to school tomorrow so after class Im going to talk to my counselor about my credits and how much I would i need to pay if I left now. Then my financial aid so forth.
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Riskbling wrote: »
    You have just started, get out why you still can.

Find a community college and transfer to a public university to save yourself some money, or just go straight to a university.

ITT TECH steals your money.

+1. Get out now! I made the mistake of going there for my AA in electronics and BS/BA in ISS. Worst mistake of my life. The only thing I dont regret is meeting my wife because of a job they placed me at. My student loans are a combined 70k+. The electronics program was very good but my passion for IT was much stronger which is why I went back. I knew more than most of the ISS teachers there. They have horrible books that come from Nowhere, India. The only benefit of ITT is the specialized training you get or can try to get out of it. On the other hand, Ive learned more about IT from Microsoft/Cisco books, CBT Nuggets, Train Signal, and a bunch of forums like this one.

I could go on for hours about this school but I dont feel like crying right now.