GRT on Symantec Backup Exec 12.5

qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does anybody have any idea how to properly setup granular recovery for backup exec? I believe I enabled it but need to be sure it was done properly.

I just want to make sure that I'm able to restore a public folder or mailbox from tape.

FYI im running Exchange 2003

Comments

• GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    qwertyiop wrote: »
    Does anybody have any idea how to properly setup granular recovery for backup exec? I believe I enabled it but need to be sure it was done properly.

I just want to make sure that I'm able to restore a public folder or mailbox from tape.

FYI im running Exchange 2003

Mind you i havn't done this in a while but we used 12.5d and the only thing you need is the exch to disk and the first and second storage groups.

Go into the recovery console and just check that the folders are being backed up. Then attempt to restore a mailbox(its pretty intuitive). You just keep drilling down in the first or second storage group until you find the folder or mailbox you want check it and restore it to a location or mailbox. You'll need a temp mailbox to throw it into.
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Check with symantec -- last I knew, there were some things you had to have -- BE Agent installed on the exchange server, advanced file open agent (i think), and something on the backup exec machine -- I think it was the exchange management tools. Also, be sure your symantec account has the right permissions in the mail store.

Definately try a restore of a single message after you get it set up.