Options

How much memory needed for a 1760?

I've finally got around to starting my CCNA:voice (640-460) after some boring M$ exams.

I've decided to get a 1760 but I can't find the amount of memory I'll need.

How much memory will I need to get by, RAM/Flash?
Currently studying:
CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
Everything. Twice ;)

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The minimum suggested if you're going to run the last supported version of Call Manager Express (4.0(3)) is 128D/64F -- but I think if you skip some stuff you don't need you can get by with 48Meg Flash.

The 1760 either comes with 16 or 32 Meg Flash "fixed memory" on the board -- so look for the black label with white text that says 32F above the Ethernet port to get one you can max out.

Here's the CME page with the IOS compatibility link at the top and the version, platform, memory docs to dig through to see what your routers can support.
    Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Compatibility Information - Cisco Systems

You can go to the Cisco Partner Central Portable Product Sheet web page to find the Router Memory PDF that gives you the specifics about Cisco & the Memory options. The 1760 has the indicating when they changed the fixed memory sizes.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    blackninja wrote: »
    I've finally got around to starting my CCNA:voice (640-460) after some boring M$ exams.

I've decided to get a 1760 but I can't find the amount of memory I'll need.

How much memory will I need to get by, RAM/Flash?

You will need roughly 96MB of memory to run some of the higher IOSes. I ran into a problem where my 1760s would randomly crash with 12.4 IOS once I would start the telephony services. At that time, I had 32MB Flash and 64MB memory. I've since maxed my 1760s out and have not had a problem. You can purchase the Flash/Memory upgrades from ebay for a relatively cheap price to max your routers out. HTH.

V/r

~Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    Thanks

I've just bought one with 64/64 & 12.3, got it for £30 inc p+p so I'll see what I can do with it and if the need be - I'll buy a mem upgrade (they cheap enough).
    Currently studying:

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    blackninja wrote: »
    Thanks

I've just bought one with 64/64 & 12.3, got it for £30 inc p+p so I'll see what I can do with it and if the need be - I'll buy a mem upgrade (they cheap enough).

I just picked up a couple for £25 off ebay - local so I picked them up, no p&p.

Memory from the 2600xm series seem to work in the 1700 series and appears to be more available. I tried a 64mb from my 2621xm bringing it up to 128/64mb and it worked a treat.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Options
    ncsugrad2002ncsugrad2002 Member Posts: 131
    I bought a maxxed out one for $42 shipped.. They have a few more with 96mb of memory if you're interested.
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    I bought a maxxed out one for $42 shipped.. They have a few more with 96mb of memory if you're interested.

I live in the UK so shipping would be far too much, but thanks anyway.
    Currently studying:

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    I've seen 1760 barebones on ebay in the uk from peanuts(there's one on at the moment for 25quid buy it now)
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)