Options

Windows 7 but using Vista

Jamesm3Jamesm3 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi

My last exam for MCITP:EA is either Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Approx 8 weeks ago I brought the 70-620 (Vista) microsoft press book. Can I use this to revise for the Windows 7 exam or does Windows 7 have a lot more features and functions over Vista?

Thanks

James
C|EHv9, Security+, MCITP:SA - MCITP:EA - MCTS - MCSE - MCSA - MCP - MCP+i - Network+ - A+

Comments

• Options
    gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi there

If you want to increase your chance to pass 70-680 Windows 7 Exam, the 70-620 (Vista) Microsoft press book will not be suitable or sufficient enough for you to even pass because Windows 7 exam covers a lot of details which will not be discussed in your 70-620 MS Self Study Kit.

Instead you should buy a book like this one at MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit Exam 70-680 : Configuring Windows® 7: Amazon.ca: Microsoft Press: Books

Good luck to your 70-680 exam.
    eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)
  • Options
    Jamesm3Jamesm3 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi

Thanks for the information. I was wondering if the two exams were pretty simular - obviously not.

I will just buy the Windows 7 book and use the Vista one as a door stop - icon_lol.gif

Thanks

James
    C|EHv9, Security+, MCITP:SA - MCITP:EA - MCTS - MCSE - MCSA - MCP - MCP+i - Network+ - A+
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yes, It's not just the new topics that are specific to Windows 7 that you will have a hard time with, but the Windows 7 exam was very different in focus. The Vista test was very much a conusmer support test, where as the Windows 7 exam is clearly focused on enterprise support.
  • Options
    gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Another useful links for getting to know Windows 7 better :

Awesome Windows 7 Resources - Windows 7 Team Blog - The Windows Blog
    eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Yes, It's not just the new topics that are specific to Windows 7 that you will have a hard time with, but the Windows 7 exam was very different in focus. The Vista test was very much a conusmer support test, where as the Windows 7 exam is clearly focused on enterprise support.
    +1. they're two totally different tests. I thought Windows 7 would be pretty easy based on my experience with the Vista exam and HOO BOY was I wrong. It wasn't exactly rocket science, but in comparison to the 620 it was hard.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion