Options

Motherboard Caught on Fire

2»

Comments

• Options
    Firemarshalbill.comFiremarshalbill.com Member Posts: 128
    I am having flashbacks to my other job as a Firefighter. Class C - CO2 Fm200 wow you guys know your stuff. Bet you did not know there was actually a video of the PC fire

YouTube - computer on fire

icon_twisted.gif
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    My inquiry folks was genuine. However, it's not the first time a member makes a post, asks everyone for their opinion, doesn't provide additional information when asked and doesn't return.

I'm just curious how he/she is making out with their system and what was the nature of the problem.

I've known several people who have botched their first builds...it happens...its expensive, but it happens. Generally, most have a good chuckle over it and call it lesson learned.

For myself, I have a pretty standard routine and for the thousands of systems I've handled over the years, I've not caused damage to a single one, but I"ve had to troubleshoot many that had problems for first-timers. It's part of learning, but I'm curious if we can see the burn marks/pattern that happened to this Mobo and parts??

I once had a collection of blown chips and items, but I'd have to dig for that disk with those images. It's always fascinating to review that sort of info.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by RobertKaucher
    That and the Mac I had to return to a customer in a biohazard bag. Don't ask!
    Man, I wanna hear about that one. icon_smile.gif

Not what you might be thinking... But just as bad. I am fairly certain that someone pissed on the thing. Someone had done a good job of cleaning it externally. You could not tell from the outside and there was no odor until you opened it. I was forbidden from puting my opinion of what it was on the service tag. I could only describe it as "An unknown foreign substance."
  • Options
    Even the manufactured stuff catches on fire - in a data center I used to work in we had a cisco 6509 backplane catch on fire had to use an extinguisher on it. It did test out our 100% uptime SLA though, it was not service affecting becasue of full meshing of multiple 6509's LOL
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Lemme show you something.

antmep2.gif

Anyone else catch firemarshallbill commenting on this thread? oh the irony! icon_lol.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Anyone else catch firemarshallbill commenting on this thread? oh the irony! icon_lol.gif

Immediately.... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    So how do you think I got my nick name LOL. I was the fire marshal in my town and my name was bill. When Jim Carry started the firemarshalbill skit I was absolutely toast. So it has stuck with me for all these years icon_twisted.gif

What a diverse life I live I put out fires and save lives at night and design data networks during the day - guess what pays the bills LOL

Of course when the s#!t is hitting the fan during the day and everyone is freaking out I just sit there calmly, people ask why I am so calm my reply is no one is dying angel.gif
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    So how do you think I got my nick name LOL. I was the fire marshal in my town and my name was bill. When Jim Carry started the firemarshalbill skit I was absolutely toast. So it has stuck with me for all these years icon_twisted.gif

What a diverse life I live I put out fires and save lives at night and design data networks during the day - guess what pays the bills LOL

Of course when the s#!t is hitting the fan during the day and everyone is freaking out I just sit there calmly, people ask why I am so calm my reply is no one is dying angel.gif

That's kind of what I figured with the name. 1/2 firefighter, 1/2 network extraordinaire sounds like a fun lifestyle to me. icon_smile.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    So all kidding aside has this guy been back? Maybe we should make this a sticker to the dangers of being in IT. :p