Anybody else think the MCTS / MCITP certificates are ugly?

Going back to NT, the MCSE / MCSA certificates were blue/gray/black, so classy and dignified looking. The MCTS cert is YELLOW, and the MCITP is ORANGE. I have a couple of these hanging on my wall, and they are ugly as sin.

I'd hate to see the designs they rejected in favor of these. Really bad. You bust your hump and earn the cert, and you get this?

Who's with me?
MCTS
MCITP: SA & EA
MCSE: NT, 2000, 2003
MCSA: 2000, 2003

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yes, I agree. Then some of the the downloadable MCTS certs had hot pink print for the name. Ugh. Made it even worse.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think for the most part, with a few notable exceptions, the people that get them are ugly.

MS
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I cannot deny this...
  • crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    I have to pull out the famous ol' saying, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" :) No matter what the color scheme, I earned the certs the hard way so they look good to me!
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • dfosbennerdfosbenner Member Posts: 106
    crrussell3 wrote: »
    I earned the certs the hard way...
    That's the only way!
    MCTS
  • BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    The MCTS wasn't as bad as the MCITP... I got the wallet card for the MCTS but never for the MCITP which annoyed me a bit too.

But I do like my MCITP hanging on my wall at work...might be a bit smug but I earned it.

The other thing that gives me the s*its is that if you print off the cert, from the logo database there is white spacing all around the edges. I wouldn't not shipping my cert from them if I could print it on a similar surface to what they give our, but so that it takes up the whole page!
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
    BradH wrote: »
    ...if you print off the cert, from the logo database there is white spacing all around the edges. I wouldn't not shipping my cert from them if I could print it on a similar surface to what they give our, but so that it takes up the whole page!

The white space annoys me too. After I finish my EA I'm going to spend the $15 or so to get a few official certificates.
    MCTS
  • tuscanituscani Member Posts: 121
    Totally agree... I miss the sleek blue\white that my MCSA:Messaging has
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    crrussell3 wrote: »
    I have to pull out the famous ol' saying, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" :) No matter what the color scheme, I earned the certs the hard way so they look good to me!

They also say that "beauty is only skin deep" but Ugly is right down to the bone :)
    I emailed MS about the ugly certs. It felt good to vent, lol. They said they'll forward it on to the people that handle the cert designs. Some guy named Ray Charles I think they said...
    MCTS
  • sund33psund33p Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dfosbenner wrote: »
    i emailed ms about the ugly certs. It felt good to vent, lol. They said they'll forward it on to the people that handle the cert designs. Some guy named ray charles i think they said...

lol!!!! Ray charles!!! Lol!!!!
  • Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I printed my MCTS certification and but came out crooked with alot of white space showing. The design is pretty bland I have to admit, I wish they can redo it. Also when I saw some other MCTS certifications they have the Bill Gates "print" but on mine it has the print of Steve something. What is up with that?
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    No color scheme looks ugly when it's sitting in your desk drawer. LOL...
    Good luck to all!
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    eMeS wrote: »
    I think for the most part, with a few notable exceptions, the people that get them are ugly.

MS

...So, who are the notable exceptions? icon_wink.gif
    Psoasman wrote: »
    ...So, who are the notable exceptions? icon_wink.gif

I just did a search on "Hot MCITP Chicks" and I got nothing....

MS
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I just did a search on "Hot MCITP Chicks" and I got nothing....

MS
    that's because I only have an MCTS title.... ;)
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    skrpune wrote: »
    that's because i only have an mcts title.... ;)

Slacker!
    skrpune wrote: »
    that's because I only have an MCTS title.... ;)

Judging by your avatar you look like a real dog....

MS
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

MS

icon_lol.gif Nice
  • BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    Rightttttt.. this thread certainly got off topic quick.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
    BradH wrote: »
    Rightttttt.. this thread certainly got off topic quick.

I thought it was going nowhere when the OP said he had his certs "hanging on my wall".

MS
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409

MS
    lol, touche! icon_lol.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • tomkentomken Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The white space annoys me too. After I finish my EA I'm going to spend the $15 or so to get a few official certificates.

I used the "Borderless" feature of my HP Printer to print the PDF without the white borders.
  • megatran808megatran808 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh....based on the title of the thread I thought you meant the actual exams were ugly as in difficult. LOL yeah I have to say the new certificates are ugly in color.
    "Love your Job, but never fall in love with your company....because you never know when your company stops loving you!"
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Better than the Cisco crap they mail you... it's like matte cardboard stock printed in gray. The powder blue certs you can print yourself look significantly nicer.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
    Just thought I'd post back, I received my official certificates for MCTS & MCITP today, it cost me about $13 with shipping for 3 certs, which isn't too outrageous. Anyway, the real certs from MS are much better looking than what came off my printer when I printed the PDFs. Although I still think the color choices are pretty ugly, they are a little deeper/richer looking. The MCTS is a darker gold, instead of urine yellow, and the MCITP is an improvement too.

So my advice is to order the real certs once you're done.
    MCTS
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The MCTS is a darker gold, instead of urine yellow, and the MCITP is an improvement too.

So my advice is to order the real certs once you're done.

I could not put a name on that color but you have offically identified it. So the pumpkin orange looks better also. How long did it take for them to arrive?
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
    TheShadow wrote: »
    I could not put a name on that color but you have offically identified it. So the pumpkin orange looks better also. How long did it take for them to arrive?

It took about a week. And yeah, pumpkin is pretty close!
    MCTS
  • GagHalfruntGagHalfrunt Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The biggest problem I have is the fact that they are only available in US Letter paper size. Fine for you guys in the States, but have you tried to find a US Letter Frame in the UK? Totally impossible as they are all A4! icon_sad.gif