Resume review time

Tin_ManTin_Man Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
I haven't been getting many hits on my resume so I think a critique is needed... Thanks in advance :D

Education:
XYZ College • Somewhere, NH • April 2002
Computer Science

Certifications:
MCSE: Security - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Windows Server 2003
MCSA: Security - Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator Windows Server 2003
MCP - Microsoft Certified Professional
CompTIA Security+ Professional
CompTIA Network+ Professional
CompTIA A+ Professional

Experience:

XYA• Not Here, NH • Jan 2008 – Present • System Administrator

• Manage Windows 2003 file server, Active Directory, WINS, PDC, DHCP, DNS & Exchange Servers
• Administer Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 Servers, Microsoft Workstations XP/2000, and network security devices
• Managed and trained technical staff in the deployment of new Dell desktops, laptops, & workstations, including performing Ghost v10 hardware imaging creation for XP OS installations.
• Troubleshooting Active Directory replication problems.
• Maintain network connectivity for Dell Servers and IBM Netfinity Servers
• Maintain IT equipment inventory, including asset and inventory management, recording and analysis of equipment costs. Prepare charts and diagrams outlining network operation
• Experienced in basic configuration setup of Cisco Catalyst switches 2900/3500 and 3825 series Routers
• Maintain routers, switches from Cisco and other manufacturers in a mission critical, 24x7x365 high-availability secure environment
• Implementation and support of Microsoft SUS and WSUS 2.x/3.x patch management technologies used for monthly Microsoft Windows server patching. Automated using Active Directory Group Policy Objects
• Responsible for hardware and software applications for workstations, servers, and network data communications. Collaborated with executive management and department leaders to assess network capacity needs
• Installation of network printers, switches and VOIP phones throughout the company
• Troubleshoot, repair and maintain systems and operations; develop system and implementation plans, and continue follow-up
• Load and configure operating systems, and install applications per customer change requests

XYZ • Localhost JI • Oct 2004 – Jan 2008 • Network Analyst

• Team leader on several projects leading a team of 6 people at time to ensure tasks were completed on time and under budget
• Responsible for installation and maintenance of servers and networking hardware/software. Account and security management of Active Directory, user profiles, user account policies
• Implemented new policy using Active Directory for USB Lockdown for Mass Storage
• Project lead on migrating 106 Elementary & 10 High school’s to an XP environment, 3 months ahead of schedule saving $20,000 in costs
• Perform file recoveries, restores, and archives. Monitor server and workstation logs and network to verify and check for error conditions
• Handle all hardware rollouts, replace all old pc's, build an image for training class using Ghost vs. 11
• Installed and maintained Windows 2003 Server acting in a file and print server role
• Assist in the testing and deployment of new network hardware and software solutions. Update all systems as required
• Provide project leadership on assignments with a solid understanding of the ‘big picture’
• Monitor and schedule network backups and check logs to verify backups were completed successfully
• Provide system integrity, integration, administration, security through firewalls, access and maintenance
• Troubleshoot, repair, maintain and stabilize malfunctions and/or errors; test hardware systems-circuits, cables, boards and modules

XYZ • TCP/IP, WF • Jan 2004 - Aug 2004 • Technical Support Agent

• Macintosh support for problem isolation, resolution, and follow up for desktop (both hardware and software) and enterprise applications, local/networking printing, e-mail, connectivity, remote access, and hardware issues.
• Managed customer service calls. Network, operating systems, and hardware installation support.
• Troubleshooting Windows/MAC OS. Call notes data entry. Maintained internal database information for use of personnel.
• Provided telephone/email support to over 50-60 users daily on helpdesk issues
• Trouble shot network connectivity, network printing and user access issues.
• Planned, developed, and led interactive skill-building software training classes for clients and personnel.
• Provided software training on an individual and small group basis within a classroom setting.
• Played a key role in ensuring a proficient workforce and significantly reducing system downtime
WIP: 70-647 (5%)

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Tin_Man wrote: »
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Security - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Windows Server 2003
    MCSA: Security - Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator Windows Server 2003
    MCP - Microsoft Certified Professional
    CompTIA Security+ Professional
    CompTIA Network+ Professional
    CompTIA A+ Professional

I think MCP is kinda redundant since it counts for any of the certs in the MCSE family. The MCSA may also be a little redundant. Where have you been posting your resume on? I prefer Monster for the most part.
  • abhustlerabhustler Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think your resume is quite good and I'm suprised that you aren't getting more hits. I would consider putting an "Actively Pursuing" section that list the certifications you are in the process of getting. If you list things like MCITP or CCNA that will probably increase views for scanners looking for those key words. You may also consider putting a "technical skills" section towards the top of the resume that will summarize your abilities. This will also help with keyword scanners and help employers get a immediate understanding of your experience rather than reading through your thorough resume.
    A master at anything was once a beginner