Hello Techexams

irishpunkirishpunk Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

not sure if this is the place to introduce myself but I've got tattoos I'm a risk taker..... I'm going for it. My names Sean I'm 27 Ive been working in IT for 2 years its awesome loving it( haha even though i was recently laid officon_rolleyes.gif) . Before my career change I was a welder for a number of years. I have my A+ net+ and just recently as of today my security+. techexams was a huge help in attaining those certs not to mention all the great advice I've gotten. hopefully I can give something back to the community. I'm off to play some ninja gaiden

take care,
Sean

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    irishpunk wrote: »
    Hi,

not sure if this is the place to introduce myself but I've got tattoos I'm a risk taker..... I'm going for it. My names Sean I'm 27 Ive been working in IT for 2 years its awesome loving it( haha even though i was recently laid officon_rolleyes.gif) . Before my career change I was a welder for a number of years. I have my A+ net+ and just recently as of today my security+. techexams was a huge help in attaining those certs not to mention all the great advice I've gotten. hopefully I can give something back to the community. I'm off to play some ninja gaiden

take care,
    Sean

Welcome to TE :)
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Rock on dude \m/

Welcome to techexams icon_smile.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Welcome to the forums!

Sad to hear that you were recently laid off but good to see that it hasn't killed your attitude towards IT in general.

2 years exp eh? Sounds like you got some good exp under you belt to get another job. It only seems like yesterday that I made the move from working in my dad's kitchen cabinet shop, it's sounds like you were in a similar position as a welder. Doing IT work is a little different then manual labor eh? :D

Keep up the good work and use this time to accelerate your certification study to make yourself more valuable.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Welcome to TechExams icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Well, sounds like you are a typical TE Geek!
    Welcome to our home base!

You have a good start with 2 years in and 3 certificates.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • irishpunkirishpunk Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Aldur wrote: »
    It only seems like yesterday that I made the move from working in my dad's kitchen cabinet shop, it's sounds like you were in a similar position as a welder. Doing IT work is a little different then manual labor eh? :D

Keep up the good work and use this time to accelerate your certification study to make yourself more valuable.

Your right Aldur IT is a completely different world for instance if you have an accident in IT you don't lose an arm lol.

yup yup I look at the time off as an opportunity to get head definitely not gonna waste any of it.

laterz,

Sean