Options

how deep on frame relay

ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
do I need to go for ICND1, would I be ok with knowing the concepts and configuration or do I need to know everything about it.
:thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Check the exam objectives. I thought that was an ICND2 topic...
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    About knee deep. icon_lol.gif

+1 to dynamik about ICND2
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    I would have to save dive in! Swim around, swallow some of it, get a taste, you catch my drift :) lol.
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    I would have to save dive in! Swim around, swallow some of it, get a taste, you catch my drift :) lol.

Just make sure by test time, you are not in over your headicon_thumright.gif
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    tharris1917tharris1917 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took it a couple of weeks ago and there was more then 1 question on frame relay.
    This was my first try at a Cisco exam and although I did pretty well I did not pass.
    You've got to know how to configure stuff from the cli. The simulation questions are challenging.
    good luck!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Frame Relay may not be mentioned by "name" -- but it could fall under "WAN" in the exam blueprint.
    Implement and verify WAN links

• Describe different methods for connecting to a WAN
    • Configure and verify a basic WAN serial connection

If you read the ODOM ICND1 book, chapter 4 covers the Fundamental of WANs and has the Frame Relay Basics section.

Odom's Chapter 16 WAN Concepts go a little bit in the Packet Switching vs Circuit Switching, but Chapter 17 WAN Configuration seem to only care about Serial Point-to-Point links with HDLC & PPP encapsulation.

It does look like the Odom book covers what you'd need to know for those WAN (Frame Relay) topics from the ICND1 exam blueprint.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!