Options

I'm an MCSA??????

MattMcNabbMattMcNabb Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I recently checked out my MCP transcript on MCP.microsoft.com and it had been updated to show that I earned the MCSA credential. Only thing is I haven't yet passed an elective exam. I have the 620, 290, and 291. I am planning the 350 for this weekend so I guess Microsoft just has a lot of confidence in my abilities.

I'm thrilled to be called an MCSA but I would rather earn it than fake it.

Has this ever happened to any on else?
“It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish.”

Comments

• Options
    HandyManHandyMan Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you have any previous MS credentials from way back ?
    I also have MCSA from doing these same three exams, as my elective was waived because I have MCSE in NT4, which contained electives that still count.
  • Options
    No. I am new to MS certification. My first cert was 70-620 in May of this year.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CompTIA certs?

A+ plus N+ = elective.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Essendon wrote: »
    CompTIA certs?

A+ plus N+ = elective.

Or Security+ for that matter.
  • Options
    Nope. The only certs I have are shown are in my signature. I'm puzzled but maybe if I get the 350 they'll give me the MCSA +security.
  • Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    To be MCSA: Security you need to have taken the 70-299 and another elective. I recommend Security + for that
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    I know I was just joking that since they have already upgraded me to the MCSA maybe with 350 I'll get an upgrade, too.

I tried to contact Microsoft's support to let them know that there is a mistake on my transcript. I don't want a three exam MCSA.
  • Options
    Microsoft customer service informed me that there is a mistake in their system that can't be corrected until the new year. If they removed my MCSA credential the system would simply give it back to me automatically within 24 hours.

Oh well, it doesn't matter since I passed the 70-350 today and achieved my MCSA!
  • Options
    kamilkamil Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MattMcNabb wrote: »
    Microsoft customer service informed me that there is a mistake in their system that can't be corrected until the new year. If they removed my MCSA credential the system would simply give it back to me automatically within 24 hours.

Oh well, it doesn't matter since I passed the 70-350 today and achieved my MCSA!

Thanks for posting this update, I am in a similar situation to yours (passed 290, 291, 620 and 271). Somehow I was awarded the MCSA, which now I know is a temporary mistake.

Oh well, time to resume studying for that 70-236 to get my 'real' MCSA ;).