Options

CVOICE and IIUC.

AlexMRAlexMR Member Posts: 275
I passed IIUC last friday and have been considering going after CVOICE because the exam blueprint looks like they are very similar.

Can somebody compare both exams? I see the CVOICE covering more material and going definitely at more depth, but the similarities are huge. What I think at this point is that passing the CVOICE shouldnt take too much work now that the IIUC material is fresh.

Is this an incorrect assumption somehow?
Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.

Comments

• Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi Alex,

I took the same track, completed IIUC in June, and have followed on with CVOICE (in progress).

There is a reasonable amount of cross-over in basic concepts, FXS, FXO, E&M, T1/E1 config. Buts thats where it seems to end. In some ways you can think of IIUC as being CVOICE-Lite, or CVOICE-Very Lite.

And yes, there is a lot more depth and extra material in CVOICE. I've been at it for 4 months now but should have it completed by years end.

But while its still fresh is the time to follow through with it.

Cheers,
    Dave
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Lots of additional (challenging) material in CVOICE. I would say that there is less than 20% overlap. IIUC is definitely a good warm up, but it won’t really prepare you for things like VoIP bandwidth calculation, SIP, in depth end to end signaling, VoIP Gateways, Gatekeepers, and so on. I thought the CVOICE test was pretty tough.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT