Options

Windows Vista.. joining Myultiple domain.. how to?

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
an employee gave me a laptop he needs joined to the domain. at first I did not think it was any big deal but I noticed it is actually the laptop his daughter uses for school and is already joined to that schools domain

I remember reading somewhere Vista does allow you to be a member of multiple domains but i do not see that as an option where you typically join a PC to a domain

the laptop is Windows Vista Ultimate

I'm not sure if maybe the Private School has a policy that prevents me from joining it to multiple domains or if I'm just looking in the wrong spot

I've found some 3rd party software but I do not really want to play around with that

any help is appreciated?

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nope, a computer can only be a member of one domain at a time.;
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    As blargoe said, one domain.

If you've ever seen multiple domains in the domain logon list, its because of a trust.
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    thanks.... I had remembered reading soemwhyere but I've really avoided Vista... guess it mgiht have been when it was beta or I misunderstood