Options

Following Companies

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
I was wondering how everyone finds out information about companies. For example when I need to price out projects I have a hard time finding companies to compare the products I am looking for. Or I'm into network security and like following companies for potential job opportunities in the future, but how do I know whats out there?

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I was wondering how everyone finds out information about companies. For example when I need to price out projects I have a hard time finding companies to compare the products I am looking for. Or I'm into network security and like following companies for potential job opportunities in the future, but how do I know whats out there?

For security I use my local ISSA, it's nice to have ears in the companies. Other than that I kinda feel like I have to follow Monster.

I am curious to hear what others have to say.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Last several interviews I went on I asked for a list of the people who would be interviewing me so I could look them up on LinkedIn or Facebook. LinkedIn works for companies also since you can see if a company is hiring based on the number of people you might share a group with suddenly change their current employment status to something else.