Options

6 million web pages hacked in the last 3 months!!!

abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
Did anyone see this article?

Almost 6 million web pages were hacked in the last 3 months.

New data shows website hacks continue to grow unabated - SC Magazine US

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Exact reason I do a full backup and a database backup of my blog after any change.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just host my site on a Mac. They don't get viruses, are impossible to hack, and have the best performance in the world.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    All that article says is that there are a lot of webservers or applications out there with bad security or bugs. Nothing new there. People either don't know or don't care that they've got vulnerable software and just leave it alone.
  • Options
    tribe_menxtribe_menx Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Last month major websites in Namibia where hacked and it seems target were joomla powered website with
    B.Science Information Systems
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    dynamik wrote: »
    I just host my site on a Mac. They don't get viruses, are impossible to hack, and have the best performance in the world.

lol and on that nice fluffy cloud over there you can see angels frolicing ;-P
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□

Steady on security buff..according to Cardiff University Mac's do get viruses.

Apple Mac Anti-virus Software and Security

"The SH/Renepo worm (also known as Opener) can turn off the Mac OS X firewall and other security software; will download and install hacker tools for password-sniffing and cracking…"

Renepo worm targets Mac OS X users, Sophos reports 25 October 2004
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    Steady on security buff..according to Cardiff University Mac's do get viruses.

Apple Mac Anti-virus Software and Security

"The SH/Renepo worm (also known as Opener) can turn off the Mac OS X firewall and other security software; will download and install hacker tools for password-sniffing and cracking…"

Renepo worm targets Mac OS X users, Sophos reports 25 October 2004

I could be wrong but I think he's trying to pull our pishers (sounds great when my scottish chum says that).

I am not really sure how secure my hosting is, for that matter I am not even sure what box it sits on. Maybe I should find out!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

Please tell me that was joke.

Behind Pwn2Own: Exclusive Interview With Charlie Miller : Introduction - Review Tom's Hardware
  • Options
    Pash wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think he's trying to pull our pishers (sounds great when my scottish chum says that).

icon_lol.gif I have no idea what that means but it made me laugh....
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Please tell me that was joke.

No, I'm completely serious. It's a G3, so virus code can't even possibly run on it. It's even impervious to physical theft because it's one of those old iMacs. I just put an aquarium screen saver on it, and intruders just think it's a crappy fish tank.
    icon_lol.gif I have no idea what that means but it made me laugh....

Tell me about it; people from across the pond crack me up ;)
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    No, I'm completely serious. It's a G3, so virus code can't even possibly run on it. It's even impervious to physical theft because it's one of those old iMacs. I just put an aquarium screen saver on it, and intruders just think it's a crappy fish tank.

You should be on those Mac commercials man!!icon_lol.gif
  • Options

Apple Cube Aquarium

Somewhere there is a Make Magazine article on how to literally do that with a G3...

I think they make those words up and think us Americans will just believe them... icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278

ROFL, good one!