Options

Which version of Windows 7 to get for certification test?

bewildebeestbewildebeest Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I want to pickup a copy of Windows 7 to study for the 70-680 test. However, I'm not sure which one to get. Is the home premium good enough, or should I be looking into Professional or Ultimate or...?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Its more of an enterprise level exam, so you would want Enterprise (there is a free 90 day trial) or Ultimate.
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Unless you are really wanting to purchase a copy of W7, just download the vhd from microsoft and run it virtually.

Your best bet is buy whatever version you can afford, then install it virtually in Virtual PC. When you install it, you can choose whatever version you want to install, just don't put in a serial to run in trial mode.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    RD28327RD28327 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm looking to get a new laptop soon, should I get one with Professional or Ultimate? I also plan to eventually study for and take the 70-680 exam.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    RD28327 wrote: »
    I'm looking to get a new laptop soon, should I get one with Professional or Ultimate? I also plan to eventually study for and take the 70-680 exam.
    As mentioned above, it's an enterprise-focused exam, so you would want Enterprise or Ultimate.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    RD28327 wrote: »

If you can afford it, buy Ultimate.