Options

Passed! New MCSA wewt!

loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
So I passed "the beast" on my second attempt. I had to drive an hour through the snow to take the test. It was mainly DNS questions of course even though the first test was mainly RRAS. So I barely re-studied DNS and only studied RRAS. I passed by one question! I was so happy that I passed and didn't fail by 1 question! whew!

Anyone know how hard it is to go onto MCSE from this test? This was by far the hardest test Ive done. Just a wide scope. Are the rest of MCSE tests like this one?

Comments

• Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass and on the mcsa!!! much drinking to be done tonight! drunken_smilie.gif

It seems to me though that it only gets harder from here. I found the 291 to be quite easy to be honest, apparently it has changed recently. I am studying for the 293 now, which seems very similar to the 291 apart from clustering, NLB, and PKI, but according to sources on here, this exam hasn't changed so is still consisting of long questions. It is the general concensus that the 293 is the new beast!

Best of luck with your future studies! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    mrmcmint wrote: »
    congrats on the pass and on the mcsa!!! much drinking to be done tonight! drunken_smilie.gif

It seems to me though that it only gets harder from here.

+1

When going through the next set of tests for your MCSE, make sure you lab it up as much as possible and go through all the exercises in the books.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    +1

When going through the next set of tests for your MCSE, make sure you lab it up as much as possible and go through all the exercises in the books.

Good advice... I am labbing up PKI at the moment. I always try to lab up as much as possible.
  • Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing, and your new title of MCSA! :)

Unfortunately it does get harder. 293 IMO was a heck of a lot harder than 291. I would recommend reading the Syngress book for 293 and also using Transcender for practice exams. I'm currently reading Syngress, and it goes into a lot more detail than the MSPress book does. I made the mistake of concentrating on the MSPress book instead of going in depth on the Syngress (because of time constraints) before I took the 293 and ended up failing it. I'm currently going over the Syngress and will be using Transcender before I retake.

Good luck to you!
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Options
    loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    Thanks guys for the info!

Ya i'll be taking the week-end off to party and do halloween stuff then time to hit the books again next week! 293 here I come!