That's all she wrote... Passed JNCIS-SEC

AldurAldur Juniper ModeratorMember Posts: 1,460
Just passed the JNCIS-SEC a few minutes ago icon_cheers.gif

That's all the Juniper routing certifications out there, time to take a break :D
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

    Sounds like time for some Cisco Certifications -- after an appropriate rest & relaxation (and celebration drunken_smilie.gif) period -- you don't want those study skills icon_study.gif to get rusty. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • AldurAldur Juniper Moderator Member Posts: 1,460
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

    Sounds like time for some Cisco Certifications -- after an appropriate rest & relaxation (and celebration drunken_smilie.gif) period -- you don't want those study skills icon_study.gif to get rusty. :D

    Thanks mike!

    I'm gonna take a week/month to let me skills get rusty then on to the cisco studies that I've been meaning to do. Expect to see me popping up in the cisco forums ;)
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

    -Bender
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5 Greenville, SC USAMember Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

    Sounds like time for some Cisco Certifications -- after an appropriate rest & relaxation (and celebration drunken_smilie.gif) period -- you don't want those study skills icon_study.gif to get rusty. :D

    Does that mean you will be in the Juniper forums after the CCIE Mike? Or will you do every CCIE lab available first? icon_lol.gif
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5 Greenville, SC USAMember Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Aldur wrote: »
    Just passed the JNCIS-SEC a few minutes ago icon_cheers.gif

    That's all the Juniper routing certifications out there, time to take a break :D

    Very serious Congrats! icon_cheers.gif

    Your like the icon_king.gif or icon_farao.gif of Juniper
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Or will you do every CCIE lab available first?
    No -- I'll probably grab a few Juniper Certifications long before I complete the entire "Cisco Set." Besides, I seem to already have some "blue colored routing things" laying around icon_wink.gif and enough Olives to make a bunch of martinis (if they were real Olives).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    Congratulations Aldur...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Aldur wrote: »
    Just passed the JNCIS-SEC a few minutes ago icon_cheers.gif

    That's all the Juniper routing certifications out there, time to take a break :D

    What? No JNCIA-JUNOS?

    Just kidding, man.

    Congrats! That was one incredible run.
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • AldurAldur Juniper Moderator Member Posts: 1,460
    Thanks for all the congrats guys.
    mikej412 wrote: »
    No -- I'll probably grab a few Juniper Certifications long before I complete the entire "Cisco Set." Besides, I seem to already have some "blue colored routing things" laying around icon_wink.gif and enough Olives to make a bunch of martinis (if they were real Olives).

    I like the sounds of that ! :D We'll have to get together and trade secrets as I study cisco and you study Juniper ;)
    seraphus wrote: »
    What? No JNCIA-JUNOS?

    Just kidding, man.

    Congrats! That was one incredible run.

    lol, ya know I actually took the pre-test for that and have a 100% voucher. I was thinking about taking it for fun but things have been crazy busy at work and so I'll prolly pass on taking a funnzie test.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

    -Bender
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Aldur wrote: »
    That's all the Juniper routing certifications out there, time to take a break :D

    LIAR!

    Where's the JNCIA-E and JNCIS-E? Come on man, show the ERX some lovin'. If it makes you feel better, it's CLI is a Cisco knock off, so you'll get to pretend your learning some Cisco, but still feel all warm and fuzzy because it's Juniper.

    I won't rag on the JNCIP-E, cuz I've been too distracted/lazy to do that one myself.... but I could always use a trip to Boston/Westford ;)
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5 Greenville, SC USAMember Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Aldur wrote: »
    We'll have to get together and trade secrets as I study cisco and you study Juniper ;)

    I feel a Star Wars quote coming on...
    "Luke, you do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our corder to the galaxy!"
  • AldurAldur Juniper Moderator Member Posts: 1,460
    zoidberg wrote: »
    LIAR!

    Where's the JNCIA-E and JNCIS-E? Come on man, show the ERX some lovin'. If it makes you feel better, it's CLI is a Cisco knock off, so you'll get to pretend your learning some Cisco, but still feel all warm and fuzzy because it's Juniper.

    I won't rag on the JNCIP-E, cuz I've been too distracted/lazy to do that one myself.... but I could always use a trip to Boston/Westford ;)

    haha, yes yes, I did forget about the read headed step child of Juniper :D

    I guess I should rephrase the title and say that's all the JUNOS certifications out there ;)
    I feel a Star Wars quote coming on...
    "Luke, you do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our corder to the galaxy!"

    Ya know I did feel my soul getting a little darker inside as mike pulled me towards cisco routing... or was it the other way around icon_surprised.gif
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

    -Bender
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Aldur wrote: »
    I guess I should rephrase the title and say that's all the JUNOS certifications out there ;)

    except, as seraphus pointed out, there's still that one with JUNOS right in it's name!

    slacker :) haha
  • AldurAldur Juniper Moderator Member Posts: 1,460
    zoidberg wrote: »
    except, as seraphus pointed out, there's still that one with JUNOS right in it's name!

    slacker :) haha


    Man, I did feel good about myself earlier today... :p

    I guess in that regards I need to pick up the JNCIA-ER too... And I thought I could take a break... That's it, I'm going home, telling the wife that we can't do anything for her birthday, and cracking the books again! icon_wink.gif
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

    -Bender
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5 Greenville, SC USAMember Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Aldur wrote: »
    That's it, I'm going home, telling the wife that we can't do anything for her birthday, and cracking the books again! icon_wink.gif

    Nice knowing you... icon_wink.gif My wife would kill me, or cry to death. Either way I am toast!
  • AldurAldur Juniper Moderator Member Posts: 1,460
    Nice knowing you... icon_wink.gif My wife would kill me, or cry to death. Either way I am toast!

    lol, yea my wife would kill me too if I tried that :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

    -Bender
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Aldur wrote: »
    lol, yea my wife would kill me too if I tried that :D

    hmmmm. if shame you into doing those other exams, she might try to hurt me too next i go up to edmonton. maybe it's best for us all if i let it slide and just let you enjoy your jncis-sec :)

    haha, just too damn fun to bug you ;)

    way to go by the way!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Aldur wrote: »
    We'll have to get together and trade secrets as I study cisco and you study Juniper
    You mean there's more to learning Juniper than long hours reading, long hours learning, long hours lab'n, long hours understanding, long hours reviewing, and luck of the draw getting all the easy questions on exam (or Lab) day? icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So, Saturday morning I passed the JNCIA-JUNOS :) After this thread I figured I should put my money where my mouth is, and, you know, stick it to Aldur as well ;) Haha, just kidding, and it was free. I actually happened to book the test about 15 minutes before I found about his JNCIS-SEC… because apparently I don't have anything better to do Saturday morning than work on completing my collection :)

    A lot more questions and a higher passing mark when comparing to the other Juniper tests I've taken. This was 85 questions, 85% passing mark. Most other exams are 60-75 questions with a 70% pass, so this was a bit of a change.

    Anyhoo, now that I used up that voucher I guess it's time to start flipping through those Netscreen books again...
  • AldurAldur Juniper Moderator Member Posts: 1,460
    mikej412 wrote: »
    You mean there's more to learning Juniper than long hours reading, long hours learning, long hours lab'n, long hours understanding, long hours reviewing, and luck of the draw getting all the easy questions on exam (or Lab) day? icon_lol.gif

    ok ok, so you know all the secrets already :)
    zoidberg wrote: »
    haha, just too damn fun to bug you ;)

    Have you and my older brother been talking lately?
    zoidberg wrote: »
    So, Saturday morning I passed the JNCIA-JUNOS :) After this thread I figured I should put my money where my mouth is, and, you know, stick it to Aldur as well ;)

    Is sticking it to me your life's new purpose? Man, I miss the days of plain old stalking Zoidberg. I could passively enjoy that, now I gotta be on my toes! :D

    zoidberg wrote: »
    I actually happened to book the test about 15 minutes before I found about his JNCIS-SEC… because apparently I don't have anything better to do Saturday morning than work on completing my collection :)

    *sigh* sadly this is my life as well. Everybody asks what I did for my weekend and I want to make up some glorious story just so they don't know what a closed in study hermit I really am ;)

    zoidberg wrote: »
    A lot more questions and a higher passing mark when comparing to the other Juniper tests I've taken. This was 85 questions, 85% passing mark. Most other exams are 60-75 questions with a 70% pass, so this was a bit of a change.

    Interesting, 85% pass for the JNCIA-JUNOS, and I thought the 80% passing mark for the JNCIS-SEC was getting up there. Just think, by the time we have to recertify we'll be needing 95% to pass ;)

    But seriously I'm surprised that they went with the 85% passing for the JNCIA-JUNOS. Maybe it's just a really easy test?
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

    -Bender
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've looked at this thread four or five times already, so I guess I'm overdue for the obligatory, "Congrats!" ;)

    Seriously though, this is all the more impressive, considering all the meds you're on icon_lol.gif
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5 Greenville, SC USAMember Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dynamik wrote: »
    eriously though, this is all the more impressive, considering all the meds you're on icon_lol.gif

    Okay, where are the thread police? This is getting out of control, and now Dynamik is involved :D
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Aldur wrote: »
    ok ok, so you know all the secrets already
    I was wondering if Juniper has something similar to the Cisco Study Motivation Method of "one chapter, one beer" (or other favorite beverage)... :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
Sign In or Register to comment.