Options

What is the best motherboard manf. (Poll)

kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
Just wondering what everyone out there goes for?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Options
    SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    Just wondering what everyone out there goes for?

For what purpose? You have server board manufactures up there too.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Some brands I'll always steer clear from, but I don't go by brand alone. None of them always make good boards. I've had problems with Asus boards for example, who are always mentioned as one of the better or perhaps the best mobo manufacturers.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Silentsoul wrote: »
    For what purpose? You have server board manufactures up there too.

Some of them do make server boards yes but thats not all they make. Everyone of them also makes desktop boards as well.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I've had an issue with MSI and ASUS boards. If i ever buy another one, it'll be DFI.
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    brad- wrote: »
    I've had an issue with MSI and ASUS boards. If i ever buy another one, it'll be DFI.

Same here, although Foxconn has been the worst for me. I've never had an issue with Gigabyte or DFI. I haven't tried EVGA for a motherboard, but their video cards have been solid for me.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Person 1 - When I buy <random product> I always buy <brand A>. <brand B> is total crap and I've had so many problems!

Person 2 - When I buy <random product> I always buy <brand B>. <brand A> is total crap and I've had so many problems!

etc...

I'm using a Gigabyte board in my desktop at the moment.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I voted Asus because overall I've witnessed the least amount of problems with them. I however have seen many various manufacturers release excellent motherboards (even some manufacturers that often produce very cheap products such as ECS, PC Chips) and better known manufacturers release absolute garbage.

The problem you run into with so many posts like this is there tends to be people who had one bad experience and that company is an automatic worthless company to purchase a board from. Every motherboard is potentially going to fail at some point, or perhaps even be bad out of the box. Looking at other sites such as Newegg where people can post reviews, and many times the reviews are questionable based on the fact that many people think "Hey, I'm going to build a computer!" and they screw something up and blame the manufacturer (this happened ALL the time when I worked retail).

I also don't look at manufacturer alone. I look at the overall feature set and how it matches my needs, company track record, how well the companies reputation for support is should I need to RMA a product, and so forth. For the last reason (ability to RMA a product) I had a hard time considering Asus for my most recent build. When I worked retail, and I had to do all of my own RMA for any failed product my store took in - Asus was often the most difficult to work with and took the longest, this apparently is a complete 180 from how they handle things at the consumer level though.
  • Options
    CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    Ya, I think that they can all make good models and bad ones, so I make my decision based on that rather then just their name. I have had a few well behaved ECS boards, lol.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Asus is my first choice followed by Gigabyte.

Intel would be my 3rd choice.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    bwcarty wrote: »
    Same here, although Foxconn has been the worst for me. I've never had an issue with Gigabyte or DFI. I haven't tried EVGA for a motherboard, but their video cards have been solid for me.

I've had problems with DFI boards, too. Some were good, some were bad. I used to be really big on DFI until I had two DFI NF4 Infinity boards go south on me. My two LANParty boards have been great.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I will not use MSI nor Gigabyte. I've run into too many bad boards that required RMA, and while most were replaced, several MSI boards required a second RMA. When I was doing huge volumes of boxes, the ratio of bad MSI and Gigabyte boards to any other brand was ridiculous.

So my favorites for Workstations:
    Epox (until they basically disolved)
    Tyan
    Intel
    Asus

Server:
    Intel
    SuperMicro
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    ASUS all the way

Never had a problem, ever!!
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    EVGA/ASUS/Gigabyte (current) icon_thumright.gif