Options

N/A

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited April 2019 in General Certification
Edited......

Personally I think this has been blown out of proportion so removed initial post.

If we all worked on the logic that is being sugested by some posters here, nobody who works in parliament, civil service, armed forces (the list goes on) would be able to answer the question "what is your job"?

Security clearance is mandatory for these job types, so by disclosing your job you're disclosing you're security cleared......

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! Security Clearances are always a little nerve racking, but you pretty much know going in if your going to get it. Nice to see at least somewhere a clearance doesn't take forever!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    As a general rule, I wouldn't really advertise having a security clearance. Depending on what/who you work for it could actually be dangerous for you.

On to the good stuff!

Congrats! It's a huge undertaking to get into the cleared world.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    As a general rule, I wouldn't really advertise having a security clearance. Depending on what/who you work for it could actually be dangerous for you.
    I'm not advertising it, this is an annonymous forum

Congrats! It's a huge undertaking to get into the cleared world.

On to the good stuff!

Thank you icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    malcybood wrote: »
    I'm not advertising it, this is an annonymous forum

Did you use the email address you registered here with any social networking sites? Your IPs are logged too. I trust the admins/mods here, but what about all the other forums you've registered at? Even if they're not malicious, could they be social-engineered into giving that information up? Did you join our LinkedIn group and/or link to any of us?

I really don't consider forums and the like to be anonymous at all (unless you registered with 10-Minute Mail and are using TOR ;))

I'm not trying to make you worry or anything; I really don't think it's a big deal. I just know that, personally, I assume anything I post here can be traced back to me. I think that's a good rule-of-thumb.

Regardless, congratulations!
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yeah I would not advertise it, I say I do have it but I heard your not supposed to say the level of clearance. The UK might be faster but here in the US your lucky to get an interim in twice that amount of time.
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Great... you just showed you can't keep a Secret. ;)

Jk... Congrats, and it's not a fun process to go through. Have you done the face to face interview yet? That is far worse than the paper work and wait. it's almost like they are interrogating you and they will just try to keep digging deeper and deeper. It's nerve wreaking and I hated that part when I got my clearance.

Then I realized I really don't want to ever work for the government again and will let my clearance pass and move forward to private companies.
  • Options
    I will graciously accept the congratulations and not bite to any of the other bait, thanks :)
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    malcybood wrote: »
    I will graciously accept the congratulations and not bite to any of the other bait, thanks :)
    Your employer will brief you on how discrete you are to be in public with respect to your clearance. You might get instructions that you are never to disclose your clearance level to strangers, or not wear your clearance badge in public, or whether to put your clearance on your resume. It's also important to know if your clearance will be immediately canceled upon (un)voluntary termination from your present employer.

And dynamik is correct about Web site never being truly anonymous--especially those on which you leave voluntary information, like email address and birth date. That's something to keep in mind when disclosing any information or opinions on public forums.